If God’s people can’t see anti-God verses in the Bible

by Ireneus 25 Replies latest watchtower bible

• Ireneus
    Ireneus

If God’s people can’t see anti-God verses in the Bible, how can they be God’s people?

Jehovah is the “God of the Gentiles also” and “there is no impartiality with God,” says the Bible. (Romans 3:29; Deuteronomy 10:17). People are judged on the basis of how humane they were, not on the basis of worship (Mathew 25:31-46) because of the simple truth that everyone is a child of God. This would mean many are anti-God verses in the Bible. To mention a few:

1) Phinehas who performed a double murder when a Jew married a Gentile is praised by Moses. (Numbers 25:6-13)

2) Moses is shown as exalting one nation over others (Deuteronomy 28:1, 10, 13) and even authorizing them to own Gentile people as their slaves "for ever" (Leviticus 25:44-46.)

3) Woman is spoken as the property of men in 1 Corinthians 14:34-35:

“Do not think that I have come to abolish the Law or the Prophets; I have not come to abolish them but to fulfill them. For truly I tell you, until heaven and earth disappear, not the smallest letter, not the least stroke of a pen, will by any means disappear from the Law until everything is accomplished.” (Matthew 5:17-18)

According to Jesus, Jewish laws that include laws about woman such as the above should remain until "heaven and earth pass".

People who claim to be God’s own would shudder at such anti-God verses found in the Bible. Yet JWs have no problem in treating each verse of the Bible as inspired of God.

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

Any wonder that joke-hova is our enemy? That thing wants all happiness destroyed, and it will not hesitate to enslave the whole human race to that end. Then, once the earth is totally ruined, "God's chosen" will finally perish since there is nothing left for them to parasitize, and joke-hova will simply start anew with another planet. In this way, the entire universe is being ruined by joke-hova.

Anyone that sees that and still wishes to worship that abomination is either stupid or evil.

• humbled
    humbled

Ireneus -

When l read these verses and reflected on the best examples of love that could be rendered from the gospels I yet hoped that Jesus was messaging something different than the OT. I hoped that whatever the law allowed did not oblige me to implement cruelty. For example, marry but do not treat your woman as property. Respect the least powerful as worthy, etc.

If there was a Jesus, he may have tried to buck the system gently—who can know? Even if so, Christian Church structure held to the worse parts. If Jesus wanted to live above the Law, religious lawyers killed him. “ The servant is not above his master. If they did this to me they will do it to you also”

Religion is law. It kills one way or another. So we have to leave religion to live well. That’s what l decided.

• eyeuse2badub
    eyeuse2badub

It's not only the anti-god verses that should make one wonder, it's the anti-logic and anti- reasonable verses that should make the hit list also!

just saying!

• Vidiot
    Vidiot

I suspect the Believers who are actually fully aware of the offensive aspects of the Bible...

...are actually cool with those aspects.

I could be wrong.

• Crazyguy
    Crazyguy

The Bible is a collection of writtings in some cases not even about the same god and then put into a book trying to make it as though its about the same deity. Many of these stories are not even about the same people. So it’s no wonder there are so many contradictions.

• venus
    venus

The most obvious lesson the Bible teaches is that God would defeat the purpose of a nation if they claim to be God’s chosen people. See what Empires such as Babylon and Romans did to the people who made such a claim—a fact that is well-documented in the Bible and also in secular history. JWs don’t seem to understand this too obvious lesson.

• Ireneus
    Ireneus

Humbled,

Interesting observation: “Religion is law. It kills one way or another. So we have to leave religion to live well. That’s what l decided.

God started human family on earth. As Father being the head of the family, no one felt the need to worship their Father. Later distortion started--some felt the need of introducing the subject of worship with a higher class of people taking lead over the lower class—thus exploiting the lower for the livelihood of the higher class. Exploitation in the name of God resulted in some abandoning faith in God. So you are right—religion kills the faithful.

• myelaine
    myelaine

What do you mean by "anti-God"?

• Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

The ancient Hebrews were just as expressively full of bullshit as other ancient civilizations when making up stories to support their almighty god YHWH .

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit