The Bible a wierd book.

by James Mixon 22 Replies latest watchtower bible

• venus
    venus

Many a time Bible is out of touch with reality. It describes the creation of man in one sentence, yet describes the menstruation of woman in great details.

When it comes to the main theme of the Bible Paul obviously had a tunnel vision and ignored facts he could have known through even a cursory observation. Anyone can see a variety of people acting/reacting differently in same situation: Some do more righteous acts, some do more sinful acts, and others mix both the activities in varying degrees. And there are interesting contrasts too. For example, there are some very poor people who refuse to steal, yet there are very wealthy people who steal in various ways. It shows every act—whether sinful or righteous—is done out of choice! Hence there are all sorts of people from sinless to the sinful ones yet with the freedom existing for the sinless to commit sin and for the sinful to commit virtues and also with the freedom to mix both in varying degree because things change according to one’s desire which arise out of free-will. (James 1:15)

• eyeuse2badub
    eyeuse2badub

Why the f_ would the bible (god's holy word?) include the account recorded in judges 19 about a jewish levite cutting his concubine up into 12 pieces, basic mutilation of a human body? yes reading such heartwarming accounts as this truly helps one draw close to jehober, the god of all comfort!

just saying!

• EverApostate
    EverApostate

The Bible Writers would have laughed their heads off , had they known that their writings would be believed and revered by millions in the future.

• James Mixon
    James Mixon

I see from you folks Comments I'am not the only one that believe the Bible is weird book written about a weird GOD.....

• stuckinarut2
    stuckinarut2

And were were always told "when you read a passage of the bible, ask yourself what it teaches you about Jehovah's personality"

Yup!

• stuckinarut2
  • James Mixon
    James Mixon

stuckinarut2: Amen!! Yes I agree, "He is arguably the most unpleasant character in all fiction"....

• smiddy3
    smiddy3

I think Richard Dawkins shouldn`t hold back on what he thinks of GOD and come right out and tell us what he really thinks of him.

However I tend to agree with what he stated in his book.

• ssn587
    ssn587

Did the fish crap out Jonah? Talk about a line of bs as the Jonah story is. The Bible IMO should be renamed as, "the Mind's mythological bs, lies, and fairy tales Book." Also, IMO, the nonsense in the Bible May be a direct cause of dementia and Alzheimer's in elderly Christians and more so in JWs.

• Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

The ancient Hebrew bible /Torah writers were proficient bullshitters. particularly when came to telling stories of their great powerful almighty god Yahweh.

Its a mix of fictional mythology and factual portrayal of actual occurred events.

Nevertheless the bible should still be taken as a reference toward human history.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit