Df'd minor thrown out of home

by purrpurr 20 Replies latest jw friends

• purrpurr
    purrpurr

Have you ever heard of a jw minor getting disfellowshipped and their parents then throwing them out of home? I know of 1, 14yr old, df'd for smoking and the very same night it was annoced his mother kicked him out of the family home on to the streets!

Unsurprisingly as an adult he's never returned to his mother or the wt

• Diogenesister
    Diogenesister

That is shocking beyond words.

Theres a young lad on reddit who was thrown out and shunned at 17. He wasn’t even DF, merely said to his parents he didn’t believe watchtower was the truth. He still believed in God. Fortunately he had stayed at a school friends and finished HS, even gaining points to an associates degree ( or gained one? Not sure how it works in the USA). He’s now settled in his own bed sitter type flat.

• Pete Zahut
    Pete Zahut

In the U.S. parents are legally obligated to support their minor children.

Imagine the "reproach" that could be heaped upon the congregation if the kids in question went to the authorities or the local news or newspaper.

• Tameria2001
    Tameria2001

I use to know one woman who got pregnant because she was raped when she was a teen and made the mistake of getting baptized before that. When her pregnancy (because of the rape) became known she was both disfellowshipped and kicked out of her home before she was 16. Eventually, she met a really good guy, and they got married. She also became a nurse.

• silentbuddha
    silentbuddha

My sister when she was 16

• Black Sheep
    Black Sheep

Any Dub who does that has gone beyond what is written in their litteratrash and should be challenged to provide official WT documentation that supports their actions.

• scruffmcbuff
    scruffmcbuff

I was 17 when i was disfellowshipped and made homeless.

It was announced on the Tuesday and that evening my dad sent a message via one of my sisters that I better have left the house by the time they get back from the meeting.

I never looked back.

• stillin
    stillin

We had a rough time with our teen boys when we were "all in" with WT. they were so occupied with rebelling that they were ruining their futures. Thank God for my brother took them in and successfully made the point that their education was important!

College degrees and good, clean lives.

• Doctor Who
    Doctor Who

We had a family in my old congregation that had a 17 y/o who got fed up with the WT bullshit. He told his parents who went straight to the elders. The parents were/are all in...wife is a pioneer, husband a ministerial servant. The elders asked the kid about it and he told them flat out the WT is bullshit. He was DF the next meeting, and his parents threw him out of the house the following day. He ended up moving in with some relatives then graduated high school. The parents were rewarded for their actions by being interviewed on a Circuit Assembly part the following year. Utterly disgusting.

• tiki
    tiki

If and when parents kick out minors, child protection services should be notified. The parents are guilty of negligence and have proven themselves unfit...other children in the house should be protected...if they do it once, they may well do it again. There is absolutely no justification for a parent to expel a minor from the family home.

And isn't there a scripture about caring for ones own?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit