Who would vote to disband the JW organisation?

by Half banana 22 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Half banana
    Half banana

From their history, it is evident that Jehovah's Witnesses are just another doomsday cult.

Cults are run by autocrats. On purpose they are ideologically fixated and they demand that their devotees hold the same absolute certainty of belief without regard for evidence.

The suspension of critical thought is encouraged and by focussing on the objectives of the cult belief in a like minded community, it gives both a sense of direction within a sort of ‘family’ and a hope of paradise perfection.

The leaders have everything to gain by controlling their followers; all the income goes in their direction.

Democracy has strictly no part in a running cult. The leaders proclaim that the truth is already worked out by them since only they have 'holy spirit' directing them. (or is that pixie dust?) So democracy is out.

How many are there who have been affected from the fallout from the JW organisation?

Worldwide there must now be more ex-witnesses than those practicing......................

What if democracy ruled the JWs?

Given the chance then, would you vote to disband it?

• TheFadingAlbatros
    TheFadingAlbatros

If by JW organization you mean the Watchtower American Cult now headquartered in Warwick a big, very big, very very big YES !!!!

• LoveUniHateExams
    LoveUniHateExams

What if democracy ruled the JWs?

Given the chance then, would you vote to disband it? - if that was the only question asked, then yes.

I'd vote for monitoring of the WTS by government if that was allowed.

WT doctrines I'd like to see banned by government:

1. Paedo-protection policy

2. Blood policy

3. Shunning

Banning or disbanding groups is often a clumsy way of doing things. It would also allow the GB and other JWs to play the victim card.

• Onager
    Onager

Well, yes, but it's so far from being a possibility you might as well ask who wants a solid gold toilet.

• btlc
    btlc

@LoveUniHateExams, totaly agree, and I would add:

4. Anti-evolution nonsense (making JW kids even more ridiculous)

5. Anti-higher-education nonsense (and then qq how we lack of proffesionals and must hire wordly people for some tasks)

NO for disband (victim card play, Jesus prophecy fullfiled, last year convention drama/movie fullfiled, etc.,) YES for strictly goverment monitoring - JW often say how they battle for civil rights, and then they restrict same civil right for their members (restricting medical choise, discouraging higher education, emotional blackmail those who (tends to) leave, etc.)

• Gorbatchov
    Gorbatchov

A big NO for me.

Every religion attracts it's own kind of population.

It's a regulation system for people who need support and maybe some control and hope for the future.

It keeps them busy and gives them a purpose for life.

Hence, most of the effects and output of the Watchtower believe are positive for those who need it.

And:

The society policy and the corporations acting is according to the rules of law.

(if they are not, they would be sentenced).

So if you want to be a JW, be it, if you won't be a JW, don't.

Disband the organization is hurting people and overdone.

G.

• Vidiot
    Vidiot

If democracy was fairly utilized throughout the WTS, there'd be no WTS.

• Londo111
    Londo111

If I could wave a magic wand, disband for sure.

If disband means ban, then no. That would only strengthen the organization.

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

Who would vote to disband the JW organisation?

JW`s who wanted to be disfellowshipped..

The rest of the JW`s love the Watchtower,they`d never vote to disband it..

• Pete Zahut
    Pete Zahut

I might not want to live in a country where a religion could be disbanded by those who disagreed with it.

Having said that, it would be nice if there were stronger laws in place protecting those who leave a religious group like the JW's, from having that group take action against them that would impact their private lives. If JW elders found themselves in a position where they could be held personally responsible for the impact of their decisions, they might be less likely to police individuals activities outside the walls of the kingdom hall.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit