On the Subject of Demons, I Have a Story to Tell.

by snugglebunny 46 Replies latest jw experiences

• pale.emperor
    pale.emperor

Loved reading this! This would make a great book!

My parents shunned me for a number of years after that, as did all my witness friends. By this time I'd become anardent Portsmouth FC fan and attended every home match. So I kept busy and gradually made new friends.

I noticed the same thing with me, rather than dwell on the "loss" of family/friends keeping busy and finding new interests really does speed up the recovery from Watchtower.

• pale.emperor
    pale.emperor

bunny--i think we married the same woman...?

hahahahahaha!!!

Hang on... yh me too!!

Oh and by the way, Jasper Carrott whom you sang songs with in the pub, his wife is a JW.

• snugglebunny
    snugglebunny

Hope you still go to matches!

Yes we do! Here you go, boxing day game at Newport County. We went 2 - 0 down then won 3 - 2.

• snugglebunny
    snugglebunny

Just a footnote: Youngest son Ben and his lady Katie, the couple closest in the earlier pic, eloped and got married in Virginia USA.

She's an American lass and there were all sorts of complications getting in the way of their getting together, both work-wise and immigration wise. So they just said bugger it - lets just do it!

Isn't that wonderful?

• James Jack
    James Jack

Thanks for the update to a truly epic story!

• truthseeker
    truthseeker

Thanks Snugglebunny for an awesome read.

Did your travels ever take you to Hayling Island?

Truthseeker

• snugglebunny
    snugglebunny
    Did your travels ever take you to Hayling Island?

Yes indeed. I have an apostate friend who lives in Sinah Lane. Plus I used to have a few beers in The Ferryboat Inn, but that was many years ago.

• Vanderhoven7
    Vanderhoven7

Just finished installment 2. Don't want to lose this thread....so marking.

• humbled
    humbled

Glad l caught this. Great story. Terrific that you had an immunity to the religion.

• Vanderhoven7
    Vanderhoven7

Happy for ya Snuggles. Thanks for sharing your captivating story!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit