Proof the earth can be flat

by slimboyfat 44 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• stan livedeath
    stan livedeath

I know the earth is flat. That's why I won't go near the edge...in case I fall off. The loch ness monster is down there.

• coalize
    coalize

And by the way nowhere we find there a proof that the earth can be flat... It's just a proof that (undereducated) people can see it flat.

• Saintbertholdt
    Saintbertholdt
    "Reality is that which, when you stop believing in it, doesn't go away." - Philip K. Dick
  • slimboyfat
    slimboyfat
    "1.1 The world is the totality of facts, not of things." Wittgenstein, Tractatus Logico-Philosophicus.
  • Island Man
    Island Man
    Our knowing the shape of the earth is not based solely on visual perception. The spheroid shape of the earth can be proven by other means. So no, the earth can't be flat.
  • paul from cleveland
    paul from cleveland
    Yes, years ago, I read a book on string theory that explained the holographic principle. According to this theory not only the earth but everything else is flat as the universe is two dimensional. The third dimension is just a perception we create in our mind.
  • juandefiero
    juandefiero

If by "flat" you mean level and by "earth" you mean the ground, then yes, the "earth" can be "flat."

All you need is a level, a shovel and some time and patience, and that little patch of earth can be flat.

• LoveUniHateExams
    LoveUniHateExams
    Not this crap again ...
  • Phizzy
  • Heaven
    Heaven
    The Earth's surface is curved. Ever observe an eclipse? You can also check out the work done by Eratosthenes of Cyrene.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit