Does It Bother You That Christian Churches and Christian People Are Being Persecuted and Killed?

by minimus 25 Replies latest jw friends

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

It bothers me that people are getting killed for their religion, and yet they are stupid enough to continue going. Maybe they are persecuted because they are pushing lies on the native population--why else are there wars between Christi-SCAM-ity and islam? Both push themselves on each other. By the way, I am also against people going into the third world to push that s*** on natives.

Violence against a religion never works to ruin it. All it does is gets the congregations closer to their god, which is the exact opposite of what you want if you are against these parasite religions. You blow up a church or mosque, people are going to knuckle down and go that much more. You shoot up a mosque, people still get closer together. You burn down a church, they raise (waste) more money to put it right back up, and attendance doesn't go down a bit. (Usually, it goes up--you have even more people attending that church). That is exactly what you do not want.

Rather, exposing their religions for how stupid they expect their members to be or for being identical to communism might undermine their faith. In turn, donations go down, and churches have to be abandoned. Mosques and synagogues, too. If people don't go, they don't support these abominations, and they eventually have to come down. And that, unlike blowing up or burning down a church or mosque, will be the end of that church because people no longer believe that trash. And, no one gets hurt--nor do firefighters have to waste their resources on a stupid church fire (which is only going to be rebuilt) that could have been spent putting out a house fire instead.

• blondie
    blondie

I remember a Lutheran minister who was executed by the Nazis, and something to say about this:

Martin Niemöller

When the Nazis came for the communists,
    I remained silent;
    I was not a communist.

When they locked up the social democrats,
    I remained silent;
    I was not a social democrat.

When they came for the trade unionists,
    I did not speak out;
    I was not a trade unionist.

When they came for the Jews,
    I remained silent;
    I wasn't a Jew.

When they came for me,
    there was no one left to speak out.

• minimus
    minimus

Blondie, I like it!👍👍

• joey jojo
    joey jojo

Religion has always given the average person courage to act like this life is just a practice run for the real life. With this in mind they will happily kill or be killed for their beliefs.

All religions are the same in the sense that they all offer their members an opportunity to cheat death.

• resolute Bandicoot
    resolute Bandicoot

Yesterday Prince William spoke of grief and defeating hate with love as he addressed Christchurch’s Muslim community in one of the city’s mosques...

I wonder if he will be going via Sri Lanka on the way home, yeah right.

• punkofnice
    punkofnice
    Mini -
    Does It Bother You That Christian Churches and Christian People Are Being Persecuted and Killed?

Any inhumanity bothers me.

It seems many types of religions 'persecute' those that are not in their group. Religion is like crazy paving....not all it's cracked up to be.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit