Does It Bother You That Christian Churches and Christian People Are Being Persecuted and Killed?

by minimus 25 Replies latest jw friends

• Brokeback Watchtower
    Brokeback Watchtower

Yes but I wouldn't make much of a protest about it, I would just temporarily feel sad but nothing more unless they were close to me some how. There are too many wrongs in the world for me to ruffle my feather over some Christians get less than fair treatment.

• Tameria2001
    Tameria2001

I disagree with the torture and killing of anyone regardless of who they are. What I would prefer to see, instead of that, would be the religious leaders be held accountable, with prison time, for their crimes against humanity, and for everyone to see them for what they truely are...charlatans.

• john.prestor
    john.prestor

Many forms of Christianity are little more than disguised sadomasochism where they fuck up kids and adults in the name of God's love. Threats of hell and empty promises of heaven if you waste your life on earth. I have little sympathy for that. And I get the vibe by the way that you're trying to start a fight by posting threads you know not everyone on here well agree with. It's kinda lame.

• LV101
    LV101

Christians are being persecuted/tortured all over the world and it's a serious concern. I don't like or approve of the WT dogma/crazy religion but don't want any of the JWs suffering abuse -- it's horrific what's happened in Russia and I do understand the country's right to be concerned over the cult's practices.

• Black Sheep
    Black Sheep

What makes Christians so special? I expect most religions have something they can use as evidence that they are being persecuted,

• LoveUniHateExams
    LoveUniHateExams

What makes Christians so special? - they're not special but, worldwide, they are the most persecuted religious group.

It's wrong, it shouldn't happen but nobody talks of Christianophobia. That's wrong, too.

Our political elite is clearly biased against Christians.

A terrorist gunman walked into a New Zealand mosque and shot dead 50 Muslims. Before you knew it, the NZ prime minister Jacinda Ardern was appearing in front of the cameras wearing a hijab and saying as-salaamu alaykum to all and sundry, and the NZ Parliament played the Islamic call to prayer. Weird how it took the slaughter of 50 innocent Muslims before she started learning Arabic. Y'know, if you want to learn Arabic, there are plenty of books, cassettes and videos on youtube. If you want to convert to Islam you're free to do that at any time, too.

If Brenton Tarrant had walked into a NZ church and shot dead 50 Christians, something tells me that Jacinda Ardern wouldn't be making the sign of the cross and offering Christian prayers.

Yes, it bothers me that Christians are being persecuted worldwide. It also bothers me that our political elite are largely silent about it.

The recent tweets from Obama and Killary that referred to 'Easter worshippers' took the cake.

• minimus
    minimus

Easter worshippers?? Wow

• smiddy3
    smiddy3

The media have a big role to play in this.

They seem to highlight offenders that persecute Muslims and identify them and their causes with no problem that are more often than not fellow Muslims of a different sect. Never a Christian religion.

However when extremist Muslim Religions attack and bomb Christian Churches they are rarely if ever identified as Muslims and the churches they attack are not identified as christian churches but only as religious people engaged in prayers. Or some other such ambiguity .

When it comes toChristians

• Mineydude12345
    Mineydude12345
    Bad wolf, I strongly believe we shouldnt toss anyone from a balcony ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
  • truth_b_known
    truth_b_known

Violent persecution of anyone because of their belief system in wrong. The fact that certain groups cannot even bring themselves to say the word "Christians" is evidence of just how messed up things are.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit