Does It Bother You That Christian Churches and Christian People Are Being Persecuted and Killed?

by minimus 25 Replies latest jw friends

• minimus
    minimus

Even if your fed up with “religion” , I don’t want to see Christians persecuted. It’s happening in many parts of the world and it’s so wrong.

• Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

Yes of course, violence is never the answer, particularly when religoius indifference and prejudice is involved.

• ldrnomo
    ldrnomo

Of course it bothers me that anybody is getting killed over what they think. Is there an answer? Does anybody know what to do to keep this from happening? My personal feelings about this is, we choose our lives and we live with the consequences and, we die with the consequences so Christians will go to heaven or, get resurrected, or believe whatever it is they think will be their outcome, "reward". That being said, I say "no I don't want to see Christians persecuted, it's wrong. it is so wrong. What can I do about it other then live my life with complete love and understanding and be at peace. I think it was Jimmi Hendrix that said "Peace begins within".

• Bad_Wolf
    Bad_Wolf

Spread of Islam doesn't stop at Christians and when they take over areas, all athiest rights go away. Better not have sex outside of marriage, be gay, drink, dress comfortably, etc, etc. When will moron liberals realize that? While being tossed from a balcony?

• minimus
    minimus

Even JWs should not be killed and persecuted.

• Still Totally ADD
    Still Totally ADD

Christians, Islam and most of all other religions teach hate and judgemental thinking towards those who are not them. No one deserves violent acts towards them but religions on all sides condone it one way or another. The God Virus is strong on this planet and it maybe the cause of all human life to end. Sad, very sad. Still Totally ADD

• mynameisnotimportamt
    mynameisnotimportamt

The title thread question shows your bias. Shouldn't it bother you that ANYONE regardless of their religious convictions are being killed or persecuted because of their faith?

• minimus
    minimus

I wasn’t being biased. Just pointing out a certain group was being abused. If I said does it bother you that gays are being persecuted and killed? , that’s not a biased question either.

• Brokeback Watchtower
    Brokeback Watchtower

I guess the politically correct answer would be: "Yes I hate it and think the world would be a better place without it"

But personally as far as I'm concerned wrongful treatment of Christians it is a very low priority of mine when I look at very big picture of evils(or supposed evils)that my fellow humans worldwide are subject to. So honestly I would say unless it effected anyone close to me it would barely make a dent in my concern.

Lets face it wrongful treatment of people happens all the time, and if one gets all depressed over it, it is not a good thing so you have to some way of limiting the negative impact. I myself choose not to be all that concerned what happens to people the farther away they are from where I live, because there is little in what I can do. so I guess it is simply a matter of recognizing my limitations and not biting off more than I can chew.

I know this sound very callous, but I'm trying hard to be honest here and not swayed by supposed politically correctness as viewed by posters from all around the world.

• minimus
    minimus

Broke back, would you care if JWs were killed or tortured because of their beliefs??

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit