Can You Name ANYTHING That Jehovah’s Witnesses Have Been Right About?

by minimus 25 Replies latest jw friends

• Sea Breeze
    Sea Breeze

They are right about the literal paradise earth. Of course, the vast majority of non-catholic Christians believe the exact same thing. They just don't call it Paradise earth. They call it the Millennium Reign.

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

About the only policy I can agree with is against smoking and drugs (not the extreme measures taken against those who do, but the policies themselves). Using these things is stupid, not so much wicked as the washtowel claims. And, if no one smoked or used recreational drugs, people would be healthier and not waste so much money.

• smiddy3
    smiddy3

The Governing Body is not inspired, nor infallible.

And of course they have never ever got any of their Bible prophecy`s right, no not one in their over 100+ years of trying.

• Ultimate Axiom
    Ultimate Axiom

If we’re just talking about prophecies, then the Watchtower has never got a single one right. But they have got no end of them wrong, so even by their own definition of a false prophet they fit the bill perfectly. If we’re talking about doctrine, things are not so clear. Insofar as it can be said that the bible teaches anything, I think, on balance they are probably right about hell, the immortality of the soul, and quite a lot more of the more fanciful Catholic doctrines like transubstantiation etc. There was quite a long thread on this subject some time ago, although I’m sure it’s not the only one on this site.

https://www.jehovahs-witness.com/topic/239682/watchtower-right
  • minimus
    minimus

They stick with the 2 witness rule even though they are supposed to be Christians . They use the Mosaic Law as if it’s applicable to today’s Christians.

• hybridous
    hybridous

Smoking is bad for you. Yay.

• krismalone
    krismalone

Prophecies by the Watchtower:

01.) Jesus arriving invisibly in 1874

02.) Jesus starting to reign in 1878

03.) Armageddon coming in 1914

04.) Armageddon re-scheduled for 1915

05.) All religions and churches were to be destroyed in 1918

06.) Armageddon re-scheduled again for 1920

07.) Armageddon to arrive in 1925 and the prophets of the old testament to be resurrected. This was a special 2 for 1 combo offered by the Watchtower President Rutherford.

08.) Abraham, Isaac, Jacob, David, Samson and other NT prophets are to live in sunny San Diego, California in a 10 bedroom mansion (Beth Sarim) From there they will guide the new world order or system.

09.) Armageddon was again to arrive in 1941 as it was "months away" according to the kingdom ministry booklet and "Children" book.

10.) Vaccinations will never cure any disease.

11.) Man will never reach the outer orbit of the earth.

12.) This one is my favorite....Wait for it....

Hitler and the axis of evil will defeat the American Empire and its allies in WW2-. Brochure "Face the facts" p. 27.

13.) The end re-scheduled one more time to arrive this time for sure in 1975.

14.) The preaching work to end in the 20th century.

• Phizzy
    Phizzy

" Smoking is bad for you. Yay."

But it took the Holy Spirit over a decade to catch up with what the Surgeon General of the USA had said about smoking. Damn slow that H.S !

• punkofnice
    punkofnice
    Pete Zahut - "Religion is a snare and a racket"

This is what I'd say too.

Is there anything any religion has been right about? I doubt it because I refer to - "Religion is a snare and a racket"

• minimus
    minimus

Krismalone , great list!

Regarding smoking, they originally said you would be disfellowshipped due to being involved with “spiritism”...🤡

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit