Question about Governing Body

by figureheaduk 27 Replies latest watchtower scandals

• Mr. Kim
    Mr. Kim

Coffee-Black,

I know what you mean......I know what you mean!

Heathen,

You are NOT a loser. You are a good person. Keep plugging away at life each day and NEVER give up or in to any of the traps of society. It is hard and a tuff thing to do.

Your question to me: So tell me here Mr. Kim --- do you still believe in the great day as in the final judgement day?

The Answer: Yes I do. I would word it a bit differently but, that is good enough. All things come to an end within the human frame of time.

Mr. Kim

• heathen
    heathen

Mr.Kim--- That is a good point , quitting = losing . I like to think I try to be a good person but alot of times it is hard to maintain the good samaritan attitude because people will take advantage or try and manipulate others that they deam to be a push over .

I think the world we live in is in a time of distress and don't think the nations will find a way around it . I mean take a look at the weapons of mass destruction issue . They go after saddam but Iran and N. korea are building the stuff .As to whether God will intervene is yet to be seen .

• undercover
    undercover
    Sure took long enough. One would think that Jah's Org would be ahead of its time on stuff like that, but I guess not.

New light. Way back in the olden days, under Russell, I think, there was an article in the WT on the i nferiority of the Negro.

Pretty disgusting really. If they truly had God's view, there would have been racial equality in the WTS. Long before most of the rest of the world.

I remember when I was a kid in the South(US), most of the halls were segregated. By individual choice or by WTS design, I don't know. It wasn't until the 70's that brothers/families were asked to change congregations so as to "mix up" the races. Today, congregations are completely integrated but they were no quicker than the rest of the United States in doing so.

• NeonMadman
    NeonMadman
    Because the NEON lights are bright on BROADway....false light on the Ho's way...

You're making me paranoid with that song. I keep thinking you're talking about me...

• Euphemism
    Euphemism

Undercover... good point about segregated congregations. Just wanted to point out one thing, hwever. You wrote:

Today, congregations are completely integrated but they were no quicker than the rest of the United States in doing so.

Actually, churches are the most unintegrated institutions in the US. While few--if any--churches practice explicit segregation, in practice blacks and whites almost always attend different churches.

• undercover
    undercover
    Actually, churches are the most unintegrated institutions in the US. While few--if any--churches practice explicit segregation, in practice blacks and whites almost always attend different churches.

Yes, I have to agree with that. The A.M.E. Zion church will be a couple of blocks away from the Calvary Baptist church. No whites at the Zion church and few if any blacks at the Calvary church.

Maybe I should have clarified a little better. The phrase:

Today, congregations are completely integrated but they were no quicker than the rest of the United States in doing so.
    was meant to mean the United States as a nation as it pursued civil rights and not necessarily the churchs within.
  • stillajwexelder
    stillajwexelder

Leo Greenlees and Ewart Chitty were British -- forgot to mention in my earlier posting - -Greenlees was from Scotland - Chitty was from England -- they were "allowed to resign" from the GB

• mizpah
    mizpah

Before national integration, Jehovah's Witnesses in the south observed segregation in their Kingdom Halls and assemblies. The reason that was given at the time was they had to obey "Ceasar's laws" (State Laws) that required this arrangement. After the civil rights movement won the victory for integration, Jehovah's Witnesses followed suit.

I do remember one black "sister" from Florida who lived during that period said that many of the "white brothers" had prejudices against their black "brothers." I saw examples of this in later times. We had an elder who was contemptuous of the black families who were moving into the area. He felt they were "inferior" and not to be trusted with positions of responsibility. No black "brother" ever held a position as long as he was the PO.

In general, I don't think Jehovah's Witnesses were racially prejudiced. But there were individuals among them who were.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit