November WT study article

by Gorbatchov 27 Replies latest jw friends

• BourneIdentity
    BourneIdentity

This is something I’ve questioned as well slim. It’s ironic they call it “food at the proper time”. It’s stale and old as fuck, like curdled milk or rotten eggs, it stinks to high heaven!

• jp1692
    jp1692
    Fadeaway: A honest and open organisation will tell us when and where these halls are being built.

I can tell you exactly where these halls are being built: somewhere else!

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

Time and effort wasted, yet people obey anyways.

This simply prepares the soul to obey senseless directives from tyrants instead of doing what is actually good for the soul. First, drive longer and waste more time and gas getting to these stupid boasting sessions. Next, accept the gene-altering coronavirus shots that will make you sick (and not just with coronavirus, either) along with the RFID chip that comes with the shot. Also sets the energy field for global communism, as more people just plain obey instead of quitting the boasting sessions and stopping wasting their money donating to this communism.

• sir82
    sir82

I agree with SBF.

It is increasingly bizarre, and jarring, to see them, month after month, "officially" act as if the pandemic has not occurred, is not occurring, and will not affect anything at all in the future.

The "sample conversation" videos for the CLAM are still all "door to door" conversations. This WT, in the November edition, mentions "traveling farther to Kingdom Halls".

We are now about 6 months into the pandemic. I know they write the articles well in advance, but 6 months in advance? And they can't edit the articles to adjust to phenomenal, unprecedented, shocking, once-in-a-century circumstances?

Aside from occasional "governing body update" videos, it's as if the pandemic simply never happened and everything carries on as usual.

It's bizarre, bizarre, bizarre, even by WT standards.

• truth_b_known
    truth_b_known

I was born in back in the 1970s and was in until about 2010. During that time I would often hear about areas needing new Kingdom Halls due to growth. That is why there was a whole contribution box in every Kingdom Hall just for that purpose.

Now, the excuse is being given that it is too expensive to do this. So congregations who's numbers are dwindling are being consolidated into one congregation at one Kingdom Hall. The unused Kingdom Halls are being sold and allegedly the proceeds go to build Kingdom Halls where the increase in number requires more meeting space.

Here's the problem with this new model - its a never ending cycling. Who is to say a few years from now the area that was consolidated doesn't experience growth and now needs another Kingdom Hall? Who is to say during that same time the area that needed a new Kingdom Hall doesn't experience a decrease and now they can be consolidated into one Kingdom Hall?

If the rising cost of building and operating Kingdom Halls is such an issue why not just stop having them all together? Wouldn't it make more fiscal sense to just rent/lease a space to hold meetings? They do it for Memorials every year. They last few years I was in I remember going to a hotel ballroom or a community center for the Memorial than attending at a Kingdom Hall. If it is alright to celebrate the Lord's Evening Meal at the local Holiday Inn why not have the public talk there too?

Why not buy double wide trailer homes and just park them wherever they need them? If the congregations shrink, consolidate them and then move one of the trailers to where the congregations have grown.

I could go on and on with models that work better than what the Watchtower is currently doing. However, I think that is just evidence to the fact that it is not about the congregations - its about the money.

• Mr.Finkelstein
    Mr.Finkelstein

If you find out 40 years after you were baptized that the governing body is a pack of hypocritical dishonest charlatans and WT theology is based on falsehood, deception, and deceit, what happens?

They still get to cash in $$$

As its known the WTS has coercive tactics to extrapolate money out of people, even children's candy money .

A crook with a smile is a crook with a smile.

Think of a used car salesman.

What to look for when buying a used car | Laymans guide to used cars | Used  Cars

• Listener
    Listener
    For example, in recent years the cost of building and maintaining places of worship has increased dramatically. So the Governing Body has directed that Kingdom Halls be used to capacity.

For a change, they admit it is about the money.

More and more, they refer to themselves as the 'Governing Body' and not the Faithful & Discreet Slave. The first term indicates authority to rule, the second is about servitude.

• shadow
    shadow

Book study was eliminated because gas cost too much

• Listener
    Listener

Regarding the Pandemic, has the Watchtower realised it has put itself in an awkward position? They said they have stopped the meetings and door to door work out if love for others and themselves, so that they do not pass on the virus. They have told JWs to stay at home, if possible. They also said that they are ahead of the Government in certain aspects. This means that they can never go back until the virus is eliminated completely or there is a successful vaccine. Neither of these is likely any time soon.

Maybe this has something to do with the reason why they are not addressing the pandemic in the Watchtower. If they put it in writing, in the Watchtower, the reasons why they aren't at the Halls and out witnessing, it only makes it harder to get their followers back into doing it before the pandemic is no longer a problem.

• JWTom
    JWTom

Great discussion and definitely a topic that people are thinking about even if they don't admit it. My PIMI Dad and I had this discussion. He said the GB is racking their brains trying to figure out what to do. He had two main thoughts:

1. Org. does not have any good content to put into the magazines in place of what was already developed. If they wanted to change it, what would they come up with that would fill the endless amounts of time that is now filled with things related to the door to door ministry????

2. Door to door ministry is not coming back soon. Letter writing and phone calling is much more efficient (meaning requires less time) and therefore people have lots more time. What can the GB come up with that is an alternative to the hugely inefficient time waster that is the door to door ministry.

So if this lasts 1-2 more years many places.....what endless amount of content are they going to come up with that is a different topic to fill up meeting parts, magazines, etc. etc. etc. etc. etc.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit