November WT study article

by Gorbatchov 27 Replies latest jw friends

• Gorbatchov
    Gorbatchov

In one of the study articles from the november 2020 edition, is mentioned (free quotation):

"don"t get disturbed if your kingdom hall will be sold"

Food on the right time, I asume?

G.

• sir82
    sir82

It occurs to me, that all these dozens, perhaps hundreds of Kingdom Halls being sold were at one time "dedicated to Jehovah".

When someone is baptized as "dedicated" to Jehovah, it is supposed to be a lifetime contract. No backing out. If you find out 40 years after you were baptized that the governing body is a pack of hypocritical dishonest charlatans and WT theology is based on falsehood, deception, and deceit, what happens?

"Well, sorry, you dedicated yourself as a JW. Toe the line or we will coerce your family and friends to shun you vigorously, mercilessly and forever. You are a dedicated JW, there's no way out".

Why is it that dedicated buildings can be so easily "undedicated" and turned into beauty salons, medical offices, even churches, but dedicated people are coerced at virtual gunpoint to honor a lifetime contract (in many cases, entered into when teenagers, or even younger)?

• Ultimate Reality
    Ultimate Reality

"15 No doubt, we readily follow the Bible-based direction we receive regarding doctrinal or moral matters. But how do we react when God’s organization makes a change that affects other aspects of our life? For example, in recent years the cost of building and maintaining places of worship has increased dramatically. So the Governing Body has directed that Kingdom Halls be used to capacity. As a result of this adjustment, congregations have been merged and some Kingdom Halls have been sold. The funds are being used to help build halls in areas that need them the most. If you live in an area where halls are being sold and congregations are being merged, you may find it a challenge to adapt to the new circumstances. Some publishers now have to travel farther to attend meetings. Others who worked hard to build or maintain a Kingdom Hall may wonder why that hall is now being sold. They may feel that their time and effort were wasted. Still, they are cooperating with this new arrangement and should be commended." -- Page 22-23, November 2020 WT

• Fadeaway1962
    Fadeaway1962

Sir82 excellent point.

The funds are being used to help build halls in areas that need them.

A honest and open organisation will tell us when and where these halls are being built.

• VIII
    VIII

I know my Mom is not missing going to the KH at all. She loves sitting at home doing the Zoom meetings and she really loves not having to come up with excuses for not going out in FS. If they sell off the KH in her area (unlikely, but possible) she won't miss it.

• slimboyfat
    slimboyfat
    Does this November Watchtower study article mention the pandemic anywhere at all?
    If you live in an area where halls are being sold and congregations are being merged, you may find it a challenge to adapt to the new circumstances. Some publishers now have to travel farther to attend meetings. Others who worked hard to build or maintain a Kingdom Hall may wonder why that hall is now being sold.

No they don’t. Nobody’s travelling to any Kingdom Hall at the moment because everyone is on Zoom. Why is Watchtower continuing to produce articles that talk as if the pandemic didn’t happen and JW meetings are carrying on as normal? Serious question. I find it bizarre.

• joe134cd
    joe134cd

Slim I think the mags are compiled some months in advance before they are produced

• ThomasCovenant
    ThomasCovenant

''I know my Mom is not missing going to the KH at all. She loves sitting at home doing the Zoom meetings and she really loves not having to come up with excuses for not going out in FS. If they sell off the KH in her area (unlikely, but possible) she won't miss it.''

I believe she may be the tip of the iceberg and a damning sign that this religion may eventually collapse.

• slimboyfat
    slimboyfat

joe, yes you are right, this must be the reason. But they’ve had months now to adapt the material and still haven’t managed it. It’s embarrassing. By the time they get around to producing a pandemic–appropriate Watchtower article the whole thing might be over.

I wonder how JWs will answer this point. Will they say, “this doesn’t really apply at the moment because we're not travelling to the Kingdom Hall”. Or will they just parrot what it says, unthinking.

• Rattigan350
    Rattigan350

Perhaps they will stick with Zoom, or create their own Zoom, after the pandemic is over and then sell all the Halls.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit