What I like about being a witness

by molybdenum 18 Replies latest social humour

• Pete Zahut
    Pete Zahut
    Nice folks generally, but their religion tends to cut into my day.
  • babygirl30
    babygirl30
    This post is the bees knees!! Had me LOL in the middle of breakfast...hahahaha. I agree 100%.
  • JWdaughter
    JWdaughter

Wt free

You gotta give them credit for recycling a lot of ugly discarded suits!

• Magwitch
    Magwitch

When I was 5 years old I was interviewed at a circuit assembly with my family about what I liked the best about being a JW. My scripted response was......"The ice cream at the 'semmblies"

Now they don't even have ice cream anymore.

• ShirleyW
    ShirleyW

The food and ice cream was my highlight at the assemblies too when I was a kid, what else is there for kids to look forward to after sitting 4 hours straight listening to old guys drone on about Jehooober.

• JWdaughter
    JWdaughter
    The half frozen pudding was the only thing I looked forward to. Bringing our own TP was not a highlight. We all know that running out was not uncommon. . .drip drying doesnt always work,
  • redpilltwice
    redpilltwice

When I was 5 years old I was interviewed at a circuit assembly with my family about what I liked the best about being a JW. My scripted response was......"The ice cream at the 'semmblies"

Now they don't even have ice cream anymore.

Magwitch, nowadays, the money for icecream is donated for kingdom work anyway. Makes children really happy. The Caleb and Sophia video's are so cool!

• Lieu
    Lieu

I liked being a slave to men who didn't know my name or gave one fuck about me.

So kewel!!!!

On a fixed income, I now get emergency food from Christendom and other food banks. When my place burned down, thank God for the Red Cross.

• FayeDunaway
    FayeDunaway

What I liked, and the only things I liked, about being a witness don't exist anymore.

1. The pink songbook

2. The danishes at the DC.

3. The half frozen pudding! I actually loved that and have tried to replicate that same effect at home :).

4. The witness friends I grew up with. Yes, they left too. Which is awesome cuz now we are still friends.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit