I’m Seeing Some Trump Fatigue Out There

by minimus 117 Replies latest jw friends

• DesirousOfChange
    DesirousOfChange

There was a spike in new cases (in the US) a week ago, but new cases have been steadily declining the past 6 or 7 days. But the number of deaths related to it have been in a steady decline since mid-April.

The "spikes" are in the communities that don't listen or practice reasonable precautions. You can't sit in a circle passing joints or whiskey bottles. You can't live with 4 families or 4 generations in a 2 BR apartment. You can't pack like sardines into a bus or subway train.Refrain from hugging 100 different people at a wedding or funeral or party. You can't fix stupid!

You must use sanitizing wipes or hand sanitizer in public. Clean the shopping cart going in. Sanitize your hands going out. And don't pick your nose in between.

It's a new virus that is here to stay. Some people are still going to get it. Sadly, some of them will even die, but most will be "uncomfortable" for a week with flu-like symptoms. If you are in a high risk group, stay the f*ck at home or at least practice strict social distancing and sanitizing.

• sir82
    sir82
    new cases have been steadily declining the past 6 or 7 days.

???

What stats are you looking at?

https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/cases-updates/cases-in-us.html

Those are the 6 highest days (6/30 thru 7/5) in the US since the start of the pandemic, surpassing the prior peaks in April.

• Anony Mous
    Anony Mous

You're looking at cases, not deaths. If you do any testing, your cases should rise, if you don't do testing, they will drop.

Cases about COVID-19 deaths have steadily dropped from ~3000/day at its peak to ~200 yesterday.

• sir82
    sir82

Poster said "cases", not "deaths". My stats also refer to "cases".

I agree death count has been dropping, but keep in mind that the death rate lags behind the new infection rate. I expect to see a jump in death rates in mid-July or so.

Oh, and regarding increased testing:

Yes, of course, more tests = more cases confirmed, BUT also keep in mind that the positivity rate of the tests is also rising.

So some of the increase is due to "increased testing", but the increasing positivity rate of test administered indicates that the disease is spreading and is not controlled.

• road to nowhere
    road to nowhere

Which test is being used. Testing for a previous case versus a active. I doubt any seriously sick people are lined up for hours but the positives get lumped in no matter. I know 6 or 8 people who think they had it but did not go in to doctor; those will still be counted as new if they decide to go in for antibody tests.

• LV101
    LV101
    We have a week or 2 to see the consequences of these spikes. We can hope the anti-viral treatments available help.
  • minimus
    minimus

The virus will be with us. And I doubt we will get a vac that will simply make this vanish plus there will be different strains all the time.

• DesirousOfChange
    DesirousOfChange

Well, the past 3 days the new cases and deaths have both spiked up.

Must be from the damn bars, beaches, and rallys -- because we know the protesters were not an issue.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit