There's nothing to watch on TV anymore ???

by RubaDub 17 Replies latest social entertainment

• RubaDub
    RubaDub

Do you find yourself, as I sometimes do, skimming through channels on the TV remote and not finding anything interesting to watch?

Growing up, we only had four channels on our TV (NBC, CBS, ABC and PBS). That was it. And yet there always seemed to be something of interest to see.

Sadly, I often find myself watching shows where some guys are auctioning off storage lockers, killing alligators, picking junk from peoples' garages or barns, catching tuna, towing cars, driving trucks on the ice, catching crabs, running pawn shops ... etc etc etc. I guess I must find some of this stuff entertaining (or feel like a zombie) when there is "nothing" else on the several hundred other channels.

I guess I'm not the only one watching this stuff or else it would not be on TV. I guess it must be in some way entertaining.

Rub a Dub

• Biahi
    Biahi

Try Netflix, Hulu, or cable. I love HGTV, and the Food Network.

• RubaDub
    RubaDub

Biahi ...

I do watch some of them occasionally.

On the Food Channel, I like the blond guy, Guy Fieri (Diners Drive-ins and Dives) who goes to local restaurants and goes in the back with the chef and stands and eats a pile of food while the chef watches. It always seems to taste really good too.

I used to watch the Iron Chefs. I don't see it around as much lately. I always liked the guy from Japan, Quasimodo or something, and hoped he won.

On HDTV, I have seen the two two twins brothers who fix houses. They are ok. One guy usually wears a sports jacket and must be the one with the brains since the other one is usually wearing a flannel shirt and is holding a hammer.

Rub a Dub

• stillin
    stillin

Hey, wait a minute here! I wear a flannel shirt!

• rockemsockem
    rockemsockem

The liberals who is most of Hollywood, are using their medium to push their leftist agenda.So everything is abortion, Gender BS, Gay, anti gun bla bla bla. Its a big turn off. There are few just good stories any more. Not to mention all they want to do is live off of Marvel Comics. Is become an idocracy of dunces. Comedy has been dampened due to every thing being offensive. Most big name comics will not play collages any more due to the snow flakes not being able to find a save place during the show. lol. The BBC has some good shows, Two doors down, What we do in the shadows, ghosts, back with Mitchell and Web, death in paradise but they are going to ruin it with the PC carp next season I hear. then there are some shows, True Detectives, and I used to like American Horror but it went off the rails due to Trump hysteria. I had high hopes for the new Twilight Zone but it was total Shitshow. It was the ultimate political correct BS. Guns kill by them-self, Cops just want to shoot black kids, bla bla bla. It was total crap. West world is not bad. Better call Saul is not horrible but really slow. Ozark is one of the better shows on Netcrap. Project Blue book is not bad, first season in the can. I know what you mean, its hard in all the stuff out there to find something not pushing an agenda.

• Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

I would have to agree with you Rub A Dub

TV broadcasting use to be vehicles of entertainment for the whole family, such as comedy and variety shows with singers and dancers.

Now days its reality shows which are made cheap and violence shows ie. cop and murder stuff. There is some talent shows but really they are targeted to teenagers.

Its all about hype, shock or violence , not really about respecting the viewer(s) with some light hearted assuming entertainment.

The advent of cablevison is partly to blame, it made it so the producers of shows now have that much more competition to get good ratings and secure their investment.

• ShirleyW
    ShirleyW

Well, I have another 30 day free Netflix trial, so I'm trying to cram everything in this time around before July 6 when it expires, they have a lot of good things and lots of variety. I don't know your age, but I remember TV shows from the 1960's, so there are certain channels that show reruns from the 60's and before they are my main focus.

• Tenacious
    Tenacious

I love to read so when nothing interesting is on I’ll just cut it off.

Most shows and programs are just not as family friendly as they used to be. Even in animated movies you have certain agendas being pushed onto people.

Having a smart TV one day an ad for Pluto TV caught my attention. I thought “gee whiz a bunch of channels for free, why not?” Yet in the back of my mind I thought “nah, there has to be a catch.” So I download the app and I’m happy as can be channel surfing checking out all the cool documentary channels. Then after a few days of watching Unsolved Mysteries I started to notice the majority of commercials were LGBT and how their rights were being trampled on and how some laws needed to be changed to allow same sex couples be afforded the same rights as straight couples. At first I didn’t care about these ads so much but once I saw that about 95% of the commercials were about LGBT rights I deleted the app.

• zeb
    zeb

tv is much the same here in Oz.

• atomant
    atomant

lm currently watching sons of anarchy on net flix wholesome family entertainment

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit