Do you have dark tinted windows on your vehicle?

by Iamallcool 18 Replies latest jw friends

• redvip2000
    redvip2000
    I guess police in your area have a lot of free time

Well, i would argue that police should enforce all laws on the books. In a way that's what separates us from third world countries.

I have been to third world countries, where most laws on the books are mostly suggestions and the police only come when someone is actually killed.

• RubaDub
    RubaDub

Well, i would argue that police should enforce all laws on the books. In a way that's what separates us from third world countries.

redvip2000 ...

I guess then we are a third world country here since marijuana is federally illegal but most states now permit it.

Rub a Dub

• Aussie Oz
    Aussie Oz

On my pony, as dark as I could get. No trouble so far...but then again, I drive it like grandpa and don't draw attention to myself

• LV101
    LV101

YES - very intense sun here but I only have minimal level for vision safety and don't think it helps much. The dealer has new package of tints out - finally.

• RubaDub
    RubaDub

- very intense sun here but I only have minimal level for vision safety and don't think it helps much.

LV101 ...

You said it. If you have a minimal level of tinting, it's really not helpful.

When you mentioned your "dealer" (I am assuming car dealer) they will typically not have anything that is too dark. Too much legal exposure, at least here in Florida.

Here, there are hundreds of local tint shops all over the place (I got my car done via a Groupon discount). They give you whatever you want.

Rub a Dub

• LV101
    LV101

The dealer offered it when I purchased which they've not done in the past - explained it's a new type of material. It does cast a cool glow into the vehicle and the moon roof has a factory tint that changes levels of shades -- really cool. Convenient dealer offers tinting before you drive it off the lot now - not sure I'd ever pay for their interior protection package - my dark jeans seem to fade on the seat but it does clean off easily - should not have steered away from black interior - my bad!

Oh well - back to driving my '57 T-Bird and I'll once again appreciate the finer things in life like auto air conditioning, tinted windows, Sirius, etc., etc. I'm too afraid people will damage it (again) in parking lots so I just hide it away.

• StephaneLaliberte
    StephaneLaliberte

In Quebec (Canada), police will look for illigally tainted windows. While I can understand the desire for more taint when there is plenty of sun outside, cars need to be adapted for all year round. It seems that during spring and especially fall, we have a lot of rain and sunset can be early (as low as 4:30pm), making it difficult to see even when your windows are not tainted at all. So I personally totally agree with the cops enforcing this.

• Phizzy
    Phizzy

I never liked the tinted ones, really dark, even if only on the rear of a vehicle, it always made me think the vehicle was being driven by a drug dealer.

Here in the U.K there are so few Police about, especially on the roads that you can get away with anything.

• RandomUserName3500
    RandomUserName3500

My last truck had 20% tint on the back door windows and rear window. I added 20% to the front windows. Illegal in my state. In the 6 years I owned that truck I was stopped by the state police 3 times for tint. It was always the same situation. Out in the middle of nowhere, cruise set at exactly the speed limit, and no other cars around. I'm guessing they were bored. Never any ticket.

This truck came the same, 20% on back door glass and window. I put 5% over the 20% on the back doors and window and added 5% to the front doors. You pretty much can't see in. Truck is all black too. Had this truck 3.5 years so far. Haven't been stopped yet. A couple of state police parked in the middle of the highway have looked up and watched me go by, but haven't been stopped yet. I'm surprised I haven't been. But there is a sheriff in my county with a very similar truck, maybe they think it's him.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit