Do you have dark tinted windows on your vehicle?

by Iamallcool 18 Replies latest jw friends

• Iamallcool
    Iamallcool

If you have one, do cops stop you to make sure it is not too dark?

• punkofnice
    punkofnice

No. This is my motor..

Image result for skoda fabia

Here in the UK there are levels of percentages of tinting seen as legal.

• RubaDub
    RubaDub

Here in Florida, virtually every car has tinted windows, and I would guess well over 50% are tinted illegally dark.

When I bought a new car several years ago, I went to one of the big tint shops and they gave me the options. The first thing the guy said was do you "need the legal ones" or the "standard" ones.

I didn't go totally dark, but still much beyond what is technically legal. But then, the only cars on the street that appear to be legal are likely rental cars. About one out of ten cars here is so dark that you cannot possibly see anything inside.

Police don't give a rat's behind here about tinted windows. Virtually every police car you see here has illegally tinted windows.

Remember, we have a lot of sun here ... the Sunshine State.

Rub a Dub

• scruffmcbuff
    scruffmcbuff

The rear windows of my truck are tinted for my kids.

• cofty
    cofty

In In the windscreen and front-side windows are only allowed a very modest tint. Police carry meters to check opacity.

Why would you want to darken windows you need to see through clearly at dusk?

• redvip2000
    redvip2000

In my area, police do stop and ticket drivers with dark tint on front windows. They want to be able to see how is driving, which makes sense. Likewise nobody should be allowed on the street wearing a burka

• My Name is of No Consequence
    My Name is of No Consequence

They will in Ohio.

• RubaDub
    RubaDub

They will in Ohio.

MNisNC .......

I agree. Ohio is much different than Florida.

If you leave your car closed here with un-tinted windows, you can get to 130 to 140 degrees if not higher. Children left for a few minutes here are often the victims with stupid parents.

The US just has many different areas.

Rub a Dub

• RubaDub
    RubaDub

Police carry meters to check opacity.

cofty ...

I guess police in your area have a lot of free time.

Rub a Dub

• fastJehu
    fastJehu

@ lamallcool

I have custom fit car sun shades in my car: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2m7YRVtwYPI

It was important for me to have sun protection (and insect protection) even when the windows were open.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit