Disfellowshipped for NOT activating my camera on ZOOM meeting

by Aleph 18 Replies latest jw experiences

• btlc
    btlc

Keeping camera ON during ZOOM meetings isn't required until your have a talk or presentation (not even then, if your device does not support video), and no one forcing or asking anyone to put camera ON, so please don't buy or sell that stories about being DF because of that.

• cofty
    cofty

You were Dfd for not complying with their strict sexual laws. The zoom thing was probably just one of many things that led them to the conclusion that you didn't care sufficiently about the matter.

Why should you care? Did you do anything morally wrong? Why do you give a fuck what cult leaders think? Why are you even attending their zoom meetings? They did you a favour. Welcome to the real world.

• Incognito
    Incognito

I get it. You were kicked out instead of choosing to quit on your own. Rejection is hard to accept.

Like it or not, it's their club, their rules. If you don't adhere to their rules, you can be kicked out and they can tag on whatever additional reasons they wish to add to further justify that decision to themselves and WT.

This should be no surprise as you've participated in this forum for 5 years.

As Cofty said in his 2nd paragraph above, they did you a favour. You are now pushed to decide how you wish to proceed.

• Beth Sarim
    Beth Sarim

"Keeping camera ON during ZOOM meetings isn't required until your have a talk or presentation (not even then, if your device does not support video), and no one forcing or asking anyone to put camera ON, so please don't buy or sell that stories about being DF because of that."

I am soooooo grateful and lucky that I began my ''fade'' well, well before this pandemic began. Nobody is bothering to look for me. (of course changing cell phone numbers 2 years before the pandemic began helps too) What a blessing. Nobody looking for me.

• Overrated
    Overrated

It's away out! Take it!

• Drearyweather
    Drearyweather

Aleph, you said

As one of the reason of not being repentant : " You didn't put on your camera during zoom meetings !!!" they yelled at me, like a bunch of wolves against a sheep...

So the camera not being on was just one of the reasons. What were the other reasons that they gave you?

Are we missing some important details from your story?

Not that I am interested to go into your personal life, but the title of your post is too sensational to believe.

• Mr.Finkelstein
    Mr.Finkelstein

Maybe the elders found that surprisingly many were not turning on their zoom for the meetings and they wanted to use you as an example.

Fear is a tool in the JW cult

• newleaver1
    newleaver1

I am shocked at some of the comments on here. This individual is going through a really difficult time in having their world ripped from them by being shunned because there have been disfellowshipped. To say it is their fault because there slept with someone is awful. Have a word with yourselves seriously

• Aleph
    Aleph

Yes there's too much to say, it s a long story, problem is that they hate me so much, because i didn't keep my mouth shut, few years ago, and told everyone all the things they did and they just took revenge over it.
    Strangely enough the other sister was not dfed, though she sent me 2 weeks before popping up to my place, the Kamasutra encircling the positions she wanted to try with me...
    "Red Russian Hacker" that's her acronym ...she said she was in connection with cyber criminals.
    Recently she said "everything was done on purpose", go figure !

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit