Disfellowshipped for NOT activating my camera on ZOOM meeting

by Aleph 18 Replies latest jw experiences

• Aleph
    Aleph

Hey

So i won't go too much into the details though there would be SO MUCH MORE to say....

In a nutshell, you are repentant but NOT ENOUGH so we disfellowship you ....
    I asked, can you clarified this "NOT ENOUGH REPENTANT" please ?
    As one of the reason of not being repentant : " You didn't put on your camera during zoom meetings !!!" they yelled at me, like a bunch of wolves against a sheep....

So :

- No scriptural basis.
    - Abuse of power.
    - My phone can't handle to have its camera on more than 20 minutes.

Then they yelled " JEHOVAH DOES WANT YOU IN THE CONGREGATION" !
    Like you are not welcome here....

Strangely to me, Isaiah 1:18 and the story of the prodigal son tells a complete different story....well the whole Bible is about love forgiveness and repentance !!!

• cofty
    cofty

Aleph - Are you sure you were DFd for not having your camera on or were you DFd for something else and they used the camera as an example of attitude?

• Aleph
    Aleph

Yes i was df for fornication but since i had not my camera on it was a "proof" i wasn't repentant.
    Thank you for putting things correctly.

• alanv
    alanv

Why would you even want to repent and go back? When you committed fornication, you obviously knew what you were doing. So why not take advantage of the fact you are out of the org, and begin enjoying the rest of your life, free from the dictates of 8 old men in New York

• Sigfrid Mallozzi
    Sigfrid Mallozzi

I agree AlanV. Concentrate on the windshield and not the rearview mirror. Move forward.

• mickbobcat
    mickbobcat

did you admit to the fornication? If so why on earth did you do that? Use the two witness rule against them. I did for years. Its why I am not DFed today. Never ever give them the rope to hang you unless you are very sure you want to be DFed. In that case move ahead and let them do the deed. I see what you are saying though. If you do a "sin" more than once you can be DFed even if you approach them and confess and are sorry. They can say its a patter of sin and DF you even if you are the one who told on yourself. It all comes down to what elders you are dealing with. If they have it in for you or you have a couple of elders who just don't like you it does not matter if you are repentant or not.

• Justaguynamedmorph
    Justaguynamedmorph

Dude... your story starts as being df’d fir not having your camera on. When questioned you admit to fornication.

You can lie to us, you can lie to the congregation, hell you can lie to the desert god, but i hope you learn not to lie to yourself. Self honesty, self awareness, being able to see yourself objectively, these are some of the greatest gifts a man can have.

Have a long talk with yourself and share honest truths, even if only internally. Admit you f**cked a woman (or man) and own it. Maybe you dont think it was fair to df you. Maybe you dont think sex is a bad thing. Maybe you think the elders dont like you. All may be true, but own YOUR acts and decisions.

i have just set on the path to being an adult.

Your welcome.

• Anony Mous
    Anony Mous

From what I understand he wasn't disfellowshipped for fornication, he was reproved for fornication but the elders obviously saw that him not having his camera on (perhaps to make sure no women were present) was sufficient to show he was not repentant.

Either way, they judge your repentance to God, they are the intercessor to God on your behalf, not Jesus, not even the GB, the elders are.

• Diogenesister
    Diogenesister
    Dude... your story starts as being df’d fir not having your camera on. When questioned you admit to fornication.
    You can lie to us, you can lie to the congregation, hell you can lie to the desert god, but i hope you learn not to lie to yourself. Self honesty, self awareness, being able to see yourself objectively, these are some of the greatest gifts a man can have.

He has every right to be annoyed!! Don’t be so high and mighty!

Even by Witness standards it’s extremely dodgy to use the fact of someone’s camera not being on/possible technology failure, as the measuring standard of a persons commitment to God or spirituality!!!!!

It’s obvious English is not his first language and he clearly said they claimed he was not repentant enough to be reinstated, so he was effectively disfellowshipped for “attitude” rather than the particular sin.

In fact everyone is DF for their “face not fitting” or not being related to the right people, etc, since we are all DF (in theory at least) not for the sin, but whether we are “sorry” enough.

He may have many reasons not to want to be DF we all know that, As MickBob said, use their 2 witness rule and admit to nothing!

• Overrated
    Overrated

If they require your video. Put images of yourself on loop and play it when on zoom. Problem zoom. Then you can do whatever you want during that time.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit