Oh, and Freddie Franz says, "Thanks an effing bunch!"

by rory-ks 12 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• rory-ks
    rory-ks

The Faithful and Discreet Slave are free to look back now and make a mockery of whatever beliefs were previously held by Jehovah's Witnesses.

They are also free to make types and anti-types of some parts of scripture, and not of others. They do that thing where they focus on one part so as to distract from the fact that they are doing the exact same thing with another part.

For example, in his talk featuring the new understanding of the "man with the secretary's inkhorn," Geoffrey Jackson goes on to say:

We know in recent years we've been careful not to try and make types and anti-types of every aspect of what the bible says. For example if we go back to Ezekiel chapter 9 verse 2, how easy it would be for us to become sidetracked with "the upper gate," what does that mean? It faces north, not south.Then they stood "beside the copper alter." Which side? Front? Back? This side? That side?

It doesn't matter! (uproarious laughter from audience)

Would he, or any of the Governing Body, stood up and said that directly to the face of Fred Franz back in the day?

I was also struck by David Splane introducing the AGM program by saying, "It is going to be historic." It is not the first time in recent years that Governing Body members have declared that some event or other is going to be historic. They are determined to make their mark in theocratic history. They want to declare it themselves rather than let posterity speak for them.

These are not "discreet" men.

• stuckinarut2
    stuckinarut2
    Not discreet., not faithful...just power driven manipulators of the sheep.
  • jookbeard
    jookbeard
    nothing is historic, pure fantasy, made up as they go along, idiots, ego's as big as the Brand Canyon
  • Saintbertholdt
    Saintbertholdt

We know in recent years we've been careful not to try and make types and anti-types of every aspect of what the bible says...It doesn't matter! (uproarious laughter from audience)

Would he, or any of the Governing Body, [have] stood up and said that directly to the face of Fred Franz back in the day?

Definitely not. What I hate is that when Geoffrey Jackson is dead and gone the next generation of Governing Body members will say the exact same thing about the previous generations theological turds.

There will be no accounting for the Governing Body's nonsense. Ever.

Oh wait... the ordinary JW members will keep paying (some even with their lives) for their theological fertilizer.

But just as Oubliette always writes: "Lets review, its a cult.", I also have my own motto/consolation:

Today's Governing Body is ill equipped.

• DATA-DOG
    DATA-DOG

They have been careful to discard past dogma concerning types/anti-types that expose their sheer lack of special insight into the ancient tomes called "The Bible."

They are now free to invent new types/anti-types that suit their current agenda, rebranding with slightly more focus on Jesus. This is the path they are forced to choose for any future growth to continue.

History in "Merica" has taught us one thing for sure, people's love they Jeebus! They love to send him $$$$!!!!!!

DD

• Magnum
    Magnum

Would he, or any of the Governing Body, stood up and said that directly to the face of Fred Franz back in the day?

I don't think so. I think most were intimidated by Fred and might still be if he were still alive.

I've been thinking a lot lately about the GB, Fred Franz, Fred's relationship to/with the GB, the abandoning of his deeper publications, etc. What if he were still alive? What would it be like? I feel sure it would be different, and if so, that just shows that it's not about truth, but the whims/beliefs/desires of the current leadership.

• blondie
    blondie
    Altering the past...sounds a little Winston Smith...
  • sparky1
    sparky1

" Ha ha ha ha ha ha.........42 types and prophecies in regards to the Other Sheep?

Can you believe this crap? That Freddie Franz sure was a hoot!"- G. Jackson Watchtower Pope

• Phizzy
    Phizzy

Rutherford was a dab hand at the type,anti-type thing too, effing ridiculous. Freddie just picked up the baton and ran with it.

I would add just two words to Oubliette's excellent Mantra, "Lets review, it's a very silly cult".

• Beth Sarim
    Beth Sarim
    I beg to guess that Rutherford and Freddie Franz were the two leaders that could have really intimidated the rank and file in their day(s).

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit