Are You Starting To Feel Bad About Being A Racist??

by minimus 36 Replies latest jw friends

• JoenB75
    JoenB75

Fun anecdote to JW executioners; the idea of Christians executing judgments on a mortal population in a literal Millenium reign is a speciality of certain dispensationalist groups. In the eighties/nineties some Evangelicals started to bring the gospel to hard heavy metal. Perhaps the most shocking band back then was "Vengeance Rising". One of their songs "Among The Dead" included these lyrics:

"Awaiting the hour preparing for war To slay the deniers of Christ Until that day, invite them Come and be one with us in Christ"

Not all were happy with those lyrics. They experienced to be pulled off Christian bookstores several times because of their covers and perhaps also such lyrics

• Anna Marina
    Anna Marina

Oh that'd really draw you to Jesus Christ wouldn't it! Good grief! How horrible.

Thanks for sharing JoenB75 - never knew about that.

This is the Jesus from the Scriptures -

(Matthew 11:28-30) . . .Come to me, all YOU who are toiling and loaded down, and I will refresh YOU. 29 Take my yoke upon YOU and learn from me, for I am mild-tempered and lowly in heart, and YOU will find refreshment for YOUR souls. 30 For my yoke is kindly and my load is light.. . .

• LV101
    LV101

NOPE -- I've never seen so much bias, prejudice, "racism," abuse - whatever term you prefer because I'm on the receiving end and have experienced it first hand and it's opposite what the politicians spew out of their mouths. I'm not referring to the police issues! Books/art products "borrowed," begged for when they've student 'free' money to purchase their own - personal household items trashed/destroyed intentionally. I'm not at all shocked at the destruction/burning of personal property in the streets. I can write a book on the abuses toward the "privileged" white woman and I'm not referring to only the African American class but mostly another illegal ethnic. It doesn't matter how much extra you pay - give away/provide, assist, etc., the results are the same. They hate you more because you can. When I was told this by an African American JW friend decades ago I didn't believe her!! She was spot on and one of the wisest gals I've ever known. Humanity HAS NOT evolved in a good, behavioral, way.

It's so bad many "privileged" white and other ethnic woman WILL NOT hire cleaning cos or individuals. They'd rather look at dust vs. having their possessions trashed! The ones that do hire SUFFER! There's a breakdown in society toward the ape-end - actually apes are better!

• JoenB75
    JoenB75

Anna Marina,

true. I think also Rutherford referred to Jesus as Jehovah's master henchman. I think part of the problem is that the new testament speaks of God's coming wrath and in a non Preterist scheme that easily becomes part of the gospel

• Anna Marina
    Anna Marina

JoenB75 - in some of the newer books they've got Jesus looking like a grumpy elder ready to club someone. When he's not grumpy they make sure he looks boring or wet but rarely appealing.

Are the Watchtower not Preterist? They see Christ as having returning in 1799, 1874, 1914. Looking back in history others had their own idea on dates, including the 1st century. Isn't that what the Catholic church uses to justify it's role?

Forgive me if I have misunderstood the concept of Preterism. It's a while since I read up on it.

The grace of God that is available through Jesus is not something to be taken for granted and treated of little value, so that you can do what you want. But GB take it to an extreme and replace Jesus Christ with themselves. If they carry on, they are going to be in big trouble.

I don't view the scriptures below as something that happened in the past. They are for each of us to keep in mind, knowing that we are accountable for our actions. If I had ignored them I would still be in the Watchtower because what difference would it make if I went along with a bunch of liars?

Heb 10:29 - How much severer punishment do you think he will deserve who has trampled under foot the Son of God, and has regarded as unclean the blood of the covenant by which he was sanctified, and has insulted the Spirit of grace?

Luke 12:4,5 And I say to you, my friends, Have no fear of those who may put the body to death, and are able to do no more than that. But I will make clear to you of whom you are to be in fear: of him who after death has power to send you to Gehenna; yes, truly I say, Have fear of him.

• JoenB75
    JoenB75

Anna Marina,

Not long ago I saw Stephen Lett addressing the youth on JW broadcasting. He said the memorable words "your descision (to serve) will make Jesus happy, and more important, Jehovah happy" lol.

I doubt JWs will be called preterists. They believe unlike anyone else that Jesus became king (and king with little k, Jehovah always take the spotlight) in 1914 but he did not really end anything there. So I doubt it could be called Preterism.

In Preterism, we believe all or almost all prophecies were fullfilled in AD 70, AD 30-70 being the last days as indeed the new testament writers speak of their day as the last days, some believe these 40 years is the Millenium. Some believe the second coming took place in AD 70, some only a judgment coming against Jerusalem, some believe the resurrection and judgment took place in AD 70, some expect that to be future not so much because of what the Bible may say but because of the creeds, some believe the Bible speaks of a literal end to sin and evil, som dont. I believe the Kingdom is gradually expanding and an end to sin and evil in earth. I think the heavens and earth is the church and the hope of heaven. Christianity has traditionally believed Jesus was King from AD 30 and that his church is the Kingdom. I know some Catholics Preterists have given special signficance to the reign of Constantine. JW is a Restorationist group like the Bible Students, believing that a restored gospel needed to be preached to save people (God failed in his first shot in some sense), therefore they place the Kingdom in the yet future or in JW case 1914.

I think Luke 12:4-5 and Hebrews 10:29 especially had the last days in mind with its Pentacost and the later judgment upon old covenant nation but of course there is always a reason for fearing God.

• FedUpJW
    FedUpJW

Great video of "Whites Only" laundry.

Just wonder how long you tube will allow it to remain?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit