October 31, 2017 TO ALL CONGREGATIONS Re: New Visitor Exhibit at Bethel (UK)

by wifibandit 41 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• kramer
    kramer

It’s a £94m white elephant!

• Listener
    Listener
    Visitors will also see how our methods of spreading the good news have developed from sound cars and sandwich boards, to high speed printing presses and witnessing carts.

Over 100 years developing from using sandwich boards to carts isn't really progress.
  • smiddy3
    smiddy3

Kramer you beat me to it ,i was wondering if their were white Elephants on the Ark that are just surfacing now.

A good point Listener Jesus Christ must have been very busy coming up with that one ,what else has he done ?

• punkofnice
    punkofnice
    if you would like to see the MAN Roland press we would encourage you to visit before then

Oh, my life won't be complete without seeing that! (Laughs up sleeve). How will I survive in life if I don't?

Visitors will also see how our methods of spreading the good news have developed

Yes. Indeed folks. roll up. Roll up. Roll up. We started with records and vans with loud speakers, now we got......er....some bored window cleaner sitting near the most ignored trolley in the railway station....which amounts to NOTHING!

Silly buggers.

• slimboyfat
    slimboyfat

It’s amazing that they don’t explain what the purpose of the new branch will be without any printing.

When they announced the new branch they said it was necessary because magazine production is expanding and Britain is the key branch for magazine production. That was only a couple of years ago they said that. I wonder if they will delete the video.

https://tv.jw.org/#en/mediaitems/VODActivitiesConstruction/pub-jwbrd_201508_2_VIDEO

• The Fall Guy
    The Fall Guy

At 3 minutes in the video we're informed, "At the heart of the site [new UK Branch] will be the printery." Oops!!!! Looks like the great expansion contraction is continuing. Absolutely wonderful newsl!

• BluesBrother
    BluesBrother

There will not be much to see if the dubs visit Chelmsford when it is working. It is to be admin, warehousing and shipping, only. When I was a kid the thing I remember from Bethel tours was the enormous printing press throbbing and churning, turning out Watchtowers by the multitude. There was book binding and other interesting stuff too.

It might be more efficient, I don't know...that's a business decision.

I just wonder, if peoples worst fears about Brexit are realised and imports carry a tarrif, could they come unstuck with this?

• punkofnice
    punkofnice

If I was the WBT$, I'd just sell the buildings off. Wink wink.

• jookbeard
    jookbeard

I take it Bittacy Hill has now been sold? how the mighty have fallen! the industrial scale of printing and book bindery back in the day was really quite impressive with MEPPS blah blah blah and how they used to boast about it to, they are fading away into complete oblivion

• punkofnice
    punkofnice

The 'new exhibit' should be this.......

Image result for evolution exhibit in museum

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit