THE SHADOW OF 75 still hangs over us all . . .

by Terry 21 Replies latest jw experiences

• sir82
    sir82

I was just a kid, but I remember the atmosphere distinctly.

Sincere people sincerely believing the deluded daydream of a self-important madman.

For about the 10,856th time in history.

The only unusual thing about this one is that instead of a few hundred or few thousand being taken for a ride it was millions.

• The freewheeling
    The freewheeling
    Double post...
  • The freewheeling
    The freewheeling
    I'll remember 1975, even thou I was a child. The reason was because that was the only period in my childhood that we had a new car. I was so proud until my father sold it a few month later. But it was many years later that I recognise the reason that we suddenly had a new car, a car we didn't really afford. My father was convinced the end would come 1975 and that he should spend his last money, and more, before that. At least ones in the old world he could say that he was driving a new car. Sad but true... And I know more examples like him, he was not alone.
  • Terry
    Terry

There have been "secret" policies ever since Rutherford and his Board of Directors (all but one) were imprisoned for misprision of a felony advising young serving men in the Army to not follow orders EVEN IF IT MEANT BEING SHOT as a traitor.

The stealth modes set in at that juncture and paranoia dovetailed into a C.Y.A. premise for all controversial policies.

• Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

The WTS and its leaders have been a decisive fraud camouflaged as teaching and preaching the true accurate version of the Gospel. Devised lies were used and created to heighten interest to the literature the WTS published.

The WTS. own expressed doctrines (Dating) were also its own marketing strategy for the intentional support of the proliferation of its publications.

Either you supported these commercialized expressed doctrines or you were demonized as an evil supporter of Satan, who is apposed to truthful bible interpretation and pure worship toward god Jehovah.

That's why the JWS always refer to themselves as being in " The Truth "

Of course the WTS cherry picked out Scriptures to support their alluring doctrines ie 1914 and side stepped Scriptures that clearly explains by Jesus himself for true obedient faithful followers to not set a time on God's sacred time.

That what the bible really says, the WTS. doesn't want to pay attention to that direction.

This 1975 subject is quite past tense now but it does show how inherently corrupt the WTS leaders can be in their proliferation agenda of their own printed publications.

• juandefiero
    juandefiero

I hold some resentment my parents for living through that and not seeing it for the false religion it really was.

I don't completely resent them for it, but I do harbor a little.

I know, they were brainwashed, it's not their fault, blah blah blah.

Sorry. The Tight Pants Tony Talk wasn't nearly the disappointment that 1975 was, but it still shook me awake.

• Vidiot
    Vidiot

"Who knows what darkness lurks in the hearts of loyal JWs?

xxxxxxxx

x

xxxxxxxxxxxxxx...the Shadow of '75 knows..."

• Bungi Bill
    Bungi Bill

Hi, folks, just briefly calling in!

Terry, so very, very true.

Certainly by the time midnight rolled around on the 31st of December 1975 (if not before), everybody from Crazy Fred downwards had developed a collective case of amnesia about this date.

What a contrast this was to the situation of the previous nine years - when the arrogant #%^&s even reckoned they had that scripture about "nobody knows the day or the hour" covered. One of the many magazine articles that were written about this date in 1968 specifically warned us that this was "no time to hide behind" that passage of scripture.

If this wasn't putting themselves above the bible, then I don't know what is!

Bill.

• truthlover
    truthlover

I remember it also -- heard it many times, some folks gave up lucrative businesses to pioneer, other sold homes and furniture, then had to start all over a again at later age.. yet the society denied they said or inferred anything.

We were called 75 ers -- bristled at that name -- it was in the KM, it was spoken of on stage by elders, it was talked about in congregations -- end of the 6,000 years -- everything is gone, get ready, so as I was newly baptized, I swallowed it, along with my born in mate -- well, it came and went, we got fulltime jobs, jobs that paid a pension, we added to that pension weekly -- and here we are today.... at least we have a paid for home, a new car in the yard, food and clothing and a nice yard..... I guess that's all you can ask for in this world of stress today

That was my first inkiling something was terribly wrong, but went along anyway.... friends, family, didn't

seem to bother them - just another new light adjustment.... and on it goes

• smiddy
    smiddy

I remember 1975 very well ,I was 36 ,and recall all too well the hype around the 6000 years and the opportune time for Jesus to begin his 1000 year rule.

I remember them also saying it could just happen before 1975 or soon after , because of not knowing exactly how long after Adam Eve was created.

After a reasonable length of time passed and nothing happened , then the society began to blame the R&F for going beyond what was written and jumping to the wrong conclusion , " Knowwhere did the organization prophecy that Armageddon would occur in 1975 " they said.

But they certainly bloody well led everybody to expect it to occur.

One other thing with the scripture "nobody knows the day or hour " The G.B. is on record as saying that since Jesus was enthroned in heaven in 1914 it is reasonable to believe that Jehovah has now confided in him of that time frame / or date .

I was aware they were not being honest about this period , and still I did not wake up till 1992

I was truly brainwashed./stupid /gullible / naive / you name it.

smiddy

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit