Remember when you 1st learned "The Truth"? Want to experience that tingle in a new way?

by Terry 25 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Terry
    Terry

A caller is given as much respect as humanly possible when Flat Earth question is asked. What ensues is an entertaining exploration of, in my view, basic ignorance leading to cult beliefs.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hsOz_J6tJVU

• TheWonderofYou
    TheWonderofYou

I dont know when excactly the "truth" trap begins to work, is it fascination about news or is it genetic handicap that influences brain zones to work more intensive, so that the cult trap can snap shut. I heard that the religion region in the brain is located in the same region as music, correct? Somehow a senseless ability of the brain? coming into an argumenation flow that feels simple good. Like prozelitism only for the reason of having a better argumenation, feeling good when talking about new discoveries, preaching, evangelization, is it, indoctrination about doctrines like a professor that "fell in love" with his area of expertise and doesnt stop talkng about. Why does  knowledge and wisdom lead to such kind of arrogation, arrogance?

Yesterday I watched a TV docu about a turkish-norwegian novelist and filmmaker Nefise Özkal Lorentzen, elaborated her hopes for a renewed islam and made interviews with egypt, turkish, norwegian muslim, form the joung fundamental salafist sheik to egypt feminist. It is like poetic letter to allah.  The salafist sheik said that he only agreed to the interview with a woman because it could be of interest for the world, the western, otherwise he would have insisited on a camera man, or a male producer. But he agreed and than he laughed after he was asked, how often he was already film by a woman and told about his wife. He is married since 6 years and her wife has never gone to any shop alone. She only does shopping with him together.

Intro.

Her grandmather told her always that she should look for the smaragd, the islam was the smaragd, falsifyied prophetic statements about the prophet, strict rules of sharia, and macho-imam erased the glowing of the smaragd - righteousness, love and unity. Only after all this will be adjusted the suffering of the women will cease.

• TheWonderofYou
    TheWonderofYou

Q: if a had no scarf would you treat me in a different way, i am the same person. I have the same smile and you too.and we have the same religion.

A: If a women comes to me unconceiled than I want her, even I as a sheik, this lays in the nature of the man. If a women wears an islamic garment, body, hair and face conceiled, and she walks ahead of a man and at the same moment another woman passes by parfumed with modern garment and you can see the hair and part of her body, what do you mean which of these two woman would rather temp a man?

Q: and if the man both of them does not harass sexually because he is a good man then I dont know of what you speak? So I am not sure what you are talking about

A: You deny the natural instinct of a man. This you cant understand from your female standpoint. I can, because I am a man,.

---

Q:_ If a man marries a woman, he may notice later that she has mistakes. Then there are three solutions. First you divorce, that distroys the home and is bad for the children. Secondly they stay togehter although they think the situation is tremendous. Thirdly you marry a new woman without giving up the first. With the new spouse it gets easier to accept the errors of the other wife. According to the statistic in the world  there live 7 times more woman than man. If I give each man only one woman, then millions of women are doomend to singleness. Is that the righteousness that liberals want?

Again logical answers.

There are three crimes for which there is death captial punishement.
    - if a man or woman turns away from islam
    - commits adultery
    - or murders.

Q: But is it possible for a muslim to marrie a christian?

A: The prophet says that those who change religion shall be killed. it is not as most believe, that a absolut freedom of religion exists. So if a muslima marries a beliefer of an other faith, she could be influenced of his religion and apostate from the islam. And if she would turn away from her religion in a islamic country it would be for us muslim our duty to kill her for her renunciation. This has in to aspect dramatic consequences. In this life he who is killed and in the next life he who will burn in the hell.

Hundreds of yours only wise men interpreted the kuran.

Everybody had an own understanding of scriptures that depends of many things.

• Terry
    Terry
    To me, rational thinking for animals has a practical limit moderated and (in some instances) nullified by stronger impulses.
    Effort is required to be rational whereas there is no effort at all to acting emotionally.

Societally, we are conditioned to act on cues. When those cues interfere with rational thinking, cognitive dissonance provides a rescue. We compartmentalize.

Cults are a means of feeling safe at the cost of rational thinking. Instead, we get self-justification and willful blindness. Loyalty supplants self-preservation and BINGO, altruism is born.

Becoming invested in any belief system begins with self-preservation. If we feel our world view is threatened by a conspiracy to deceive us--we lean in and listen. That is why cults use fear so skillfully. Cults scare us into questioning whatever world view made us feel safe. "What if we are being fooled?" It all begins with making us doubt we have THE answers.
  • TheWonderofYou
    TheWonderofYou

That reminds of how and with what attitude I was totally engaged in studying the old "Make assure of all things and beware the good"..

I was shocked to read that all catolic teachings about the mess, the cross, trinity, soul, the easter and christmas could be false and I could miss the true christianity. I compared the catolics with the wars and misdeeds with the loving brotherhood who fulfills alone the testimony of loving each other in wartimes and again. BING.

Catolics bless the weapons  BING

Catolics have made a condordat with Hitler. BING

Than at the first convention, they smiled to me and I felt like in a nest. BING.

My family is little her is a large family   BING

They are interested in me personally. BING

Than I could miss start of the 1000 year kingdom. So it would be more secure to belong to the witnesses than not. BING

Than .. "truth" that could be this "truth" BING

Here are only kind and likeable people  BING

The conventions are so inspiring, and beautiful girls  BING

No other religion reads the bible so much and lives accoring to it ,

only we. BING

If i talk to others i can make them happy BING

Than I made a routine of going to the meetings with bike and train even 30 km on sundays. A task. BING

• Terry
    Terry

I'm really really sorry I posted this topic because it isn't as funny as I thought it was at first.!
    More and more young people are falling for it. Uneducated people relying on their "intuition" don't trust the idea that the real world can, and of is, counter-intuitive.
    For conspiracy theorists, intellectual honesty is for OTHER people and not for themselves.
    Intellectual honesty is the willingness to admit you are wrong when the facts go against even your most cherished "truths."

Here is a very brief breakdown of the skeleton beliefs behind Flat Earth Theory:

1. The leading flat-earther theory holds that Earth is a disc with the Arctic Circle in the center and Antarctica, a 150-foot-tall wall of ice, around the rim.

2. NASA employees, they say, guard this ice wall to prevent people from climbing over and falling off the disc.

3. Earth's day and night cycle is explained by positing that the sun and moon are spheres measuring 32 miles (51 kilometers) that move in circles 3,000 miles (4,828 km) above the plane of the Earth.

4. (Stars, they say, move in a plane 3,100 miles up.) Like spotlights, these celestial spheres illuminate different portions of the planet in a 24-hour cycle.

5. Flat-earthers believe there must also be an invisible "antimoon" that obscures the moon during lunar eclipses.

6. Furthermore, Earth's gravity is an illusion, they say. Objects do not accelerate downward; instead, the disc of Earth accelerates upward at 32 feet per second squared (9.8 meters per second squared), driven up by a mysterious force called dark energy.

7. Currently, there is disagreement among flat-earthers about whether or not Einstein's theory of relativity permits Earth to accelerate upward indefinitely without the planet eventually surpassing the speed of light. (Einstein's laws apparently still hold in this alternate version of reality.)

8. As for what lies underneath the disc of Earth, this is unknown, but most flat-earthers believe it is composed of "rocks." [Religion and Science: 6 Visions of Earth's Core]

9. Then, there's the conspiracy theory: Flat-earthers believe photos of the globe are photoshopped; GPS devices are rigged to make airplane pilots think they are flying in straight lines around a sphere when they are actually flying in circles above a disc.

10. The motive for world governments' concealment of the true shape of the Earth has not been ascertained, but flat-earthers believe it is probably financial.

"In a nutshell, it would logically cost much less to fake a space program than to actually have one, so those in on the Conspiracy profit from the funding NASA and other space agencies receive from the government,"

- See more at: http://www.livescience.com/24310-flat-earth-belief.html#sthash.D3oEofvH.dpuf

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit