Remember when you 1st learned "The Truth"? Want to experience that tingle in a new way?

by Terry 25 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• TheWonderofYou
    TheWonderofYou

I cant stand this foolishness, i am not willing to read everything. It doesnt convince me, thankfully!

Such meshes of lies or the direct-markting guys could never convince me. But I like conspiracy theories that sound more sophiscated like freemasionary, do you have such ones too. ;-)

I saw a wonderful film "mysterious palace" about Schönbrunn palace in Vienna in a series about men, myths and legends. The subject was the obvious cooperation between the queen Maria Theresia and the freemasions when the castle was built, what resulted in many freemasion elements and symbols in the buildings and art throughout the castle and palace garden, the emperors pavillon and gloriette, You find obeliscs with images of egypt godess Isis, and replica hyroglyphs over the fountain, in the baroque garden you find elements of kabala, you will find the reproduction of a roman ruin, and a aligned park until the leaves. Statues of Brutus and Lucretia could be a symbol of the revolution against the monarchy. Many creative questions and conclusive answers.

http://www.servustv.com/at/Medien/Geheimnisvolles-Schoenbrunn

BTW Servus tv belongs to Redbull.

• Doubtfully Yours
    Doubtfully Yours

Born-in. Never felt that 'tingle', just went through the motions and when very young got baptized to please my parents.

Currently in search of a hobby that would satisfy my intellect.

DY

• kairos
    kairos

I enjoyed the video.

It's worth looking at.

So, why is Antarctica "off limits" by international treaty, then?

• JRK
    JRK

We do not have to watch ANYTHING! We are not at the Kingdom Hall.

JK

• cofty
    cofty
    Terry, I've been looking at all the videos about the Flat Earth & find that it is more compelling to believe it than it is to believe that we live on a sphere. - James604

Please make an effort to read some actual science.

• Terry
    Terry

I guess my sense of "fun"is different.

I never realized how FRAGILE factual knowledge has become in our modern world and how susceptible to disruption and mistrust we become if we aren't on guard.

http://www.space.com/20514-apollo-moon-landing-hoax-poll.html

20 percent of Republicans believe that President Obama is the Anti-Christ, compared with 13 percent of Independents and 6 percent of Democrats who agree. -
    Still, about 7 percent of Americans polled in the study think NASA did indeed fake the Apollo moon landings, the study found. Seriously...7 percent. 

This Flat-Earth and Faked Moon Landing movement exists mostly among young college age persons who weren't alive when the moon landing took place.
    Young people have little life experience. They are highly susceptible to "inside" information.

What do cults and conspiracies have in common?

The Governing Body is what? It is a SECRET SOCIETY with special inside knowledge unavailable to everybody else.

Guess what? We fell for this crap!

The 'anointed' the 'faithful and discreet slave' and the 'remnant' were spooky terms I'd never heard before I began studying with my friend Johnny in 1959.

It all sounded silly. It WAS silly. But after I had heard it a thousand times and began to associate with people at the Kingdom Hall who accepted it as true---the novelty of the stupidity vanished.

Have you heard the old saying, "Perception is Reality"?

That should scare us into vigilance.

These documentary-style propaganda videos on YouTube I posted are manipulative and interestingly so. Maybe not to you--but to plenty of others.

WHY?

Because, if you just let a tiny doubt creep in that you have been lied to--it triggers a survival mechanism!
    Us vs. Them kicks in.

Who lied? What else did they lie about?

https://www.theguardian.com/science/2016/jan/20/flat-earth-believers-youtube-videos-conspiracy-theorists
    A New York magazine piece on flat-Earthdom is skeptical of some who claim the mantle: “The line between actually believing the theory and enthusiastically entertaining is unclear. Being a Flat Earther exists in the same online space as chemtrails and the notion that 9/11 was an inside job: there are some who believe it sincerely, and magnitudes more who entertain the notion ironically.”

How does this happen?

Gradually, insidiously and on purpose.

Asking one simple question after another which undermines authority and trust disables our certainty and balance and triggers curiosity about more and more.

Vetting sources and doing research is NOT easy if you are diligent, tireless and thorough. But, if you are lazy, you fall prey to false information and go down the rabbit hole with the rest of the low-hanging fruit,.

You see, lots of very "trustworthy" leaders are j-u-s-t fake enough to lie about a little all the time. If you call them on it and they cover- it- up, you never trust them again.

If we are not wary, once we leave the JW's we can easily become drawn into the next swindle and the next cult and the next phony cause or conspiracy. How?
    Our brains have been wired to do so by years of habit!!

Remember this, to current JW's the "apostates and their videos" are exactly the same as Flat Earth believers!

We are all bent, twisted and messed over in some way as a result of our meat-grinder experience among the Dubs.

It's all too easy.

Being an individual rather than part of a 'belief group' is difficult for many of us.
    Every day outside a Control Group is a test.

Like quitting any other habit or addiction, maintaining healthy skepticism without becoming a nutjob just ain't easy! :)

• TheWonderofYou
    TheWonderofYou
    Terry: how FRAGILE factual knowledge has become in our modern world
    “Knowledge is power." Rather, knowledge is happiness, because to have knowledge - broad, deep knowledge - is to know true ends from false, and lofty things from low. To know the thoughts and deeds that have marked man's progress is to feel the great heart-throbs of humanity through the centuries; and if one does not feel in these pulsations a heavenward striving, one must indeed be deaf to the harmonies of life.”
    Helen Keller, The Story of My Life

Knowledge is Power, said Sir Francis Bacon, who was he? forerunner of empirism, but is empiric knowlege certain? Is it possible to get  certainty by usage of logic and experience? Only if someone applies the methods. If not no.

Information in media and even scientific studies are produced with a purpose and an audience in mind. Neutral, original voices have to be checked and verified. The "information age" and "information revolution" has come. More vigilance is necessary. Is this them beginning of a great tribulation or a golden age with 1000 years for silicon valley and photon-quant computer celestical city?

You can google unbiased but google already selects the information for you and youu receive those search results that google assumes fit to your interest.

I simple joked Terry, I agree.

• Terry
  • Terry
    Terry

Here we have the EXACT same reasoning by an Islamic scholar answering

a question posed to him as to whether the earth revolves or remains motionless.

http://www.memri.org/clip/en/0/0/0/0/0/0/4787.htm

• TheWonderofYou
    TheWonderofYou
    Liked, both are very fine. Currently I am also reading about the oriental world view that is behind all these bible passages and this is amusing.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit