The Evidence of Human Evolution keeps getting stronger and stronger

by Disillusioned JW 47 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Phizzy
    Phizzy

" If life - and by extension, humanity - evolved, then the events in Genesis did not actually happen, and by extension, the historicity of the Bible - and ultimately, the legitimacy of Christianity itself - is called into question."

As someone has pointed out, Religions need to create "Sin" in order to SELL you the way to Salvation from their invented "Sin".

I remember a conversation I had with an Elder a few months back, we, as two Old Farts were comparing ailments, and he said a lot of it was genetic and all "Adam's fault", I quickly replied " Well, you can go back further in time than that, a number of things we suffer from come from Neanderthals, and they died out 30,000 years ago".

The silence would have been total after my, not entirely accurate comment, except I could hear the gears turning in his brain as he sought a reply.

• Anna Marina
    Anna Marina

Evolved to depopulate.

Just let that sink in.

• Anna Marina
    Anna Marina

https://unlimitedhangout.com/2020/12/investigative-series/developers-of-oxford-astrazeneca-vaccine-tied-to-uk-eugenics-movement/

For much of 2020, the Oxford-AstraZeneca vaccine was treated as an early frontrunner, though its lead would later be marred by scandals related to its clinical trials, including the death of participants, sudden trial pauses, the use of a problematic “placebo” with its own host of side effects, and the “unintentional” misdosing of some participants that skewed its self-reported efficacy rate.

The significant issues that emerged during trials have provoked little concern from the vaccine’s two lead developers, despite critical attention from even mainstream media directed at its complications. The lead developer of the Oxford-AstraZeneca vaccine, Adrian Hill, told NBC on December 9 that the experimental vaccine should be approved and distributed to the public before the conclusion of the safety trials, saying “to wait for the end of the trial would be the middle of next year. That’s too late, this vaccine is effective, available at large scale and easily deployed.”

However, investigation into the vaccine’s developers and the realities of their “no-profit pledge” reveals a very different story than that which has been spun for most of the year by corporate press releases, experts, and academics tied to the vaccine and the mainstream press.

For instance, mainstream media has had little, if anything, to say about the role of the vaccine developers’ private company—Vaccitech—in the Oxford-AstraZeneca partnership, a company whose main investors include former top Deutsche Bank executives, Silicon Valley behemoth Google, and the UK government. All of them stand to profit from the vaccine alongside the vaccine’s two developers, Adrian Hill and Sarah Gilbert, who retain an estimated 10 percent stake in the company. Another overlooked point is the plan to dramatically alter the current sales model for the vaccine following the initial wave of its administration, which would see profits soar, especially if the now-obvious push to make COVID-19 vaccination an annual affair for the foreseeable future is made reality.

Arguably most troubling of all is the direct link of the vaccine’s lead developers to the Wellcome Trust and, in the case of Adrian Hill, the Galton Institute, two groups with longstanding ties to the UK eugenics movement. The latter organization, named for the “father of eugenics” Francis Galton, is the renamed UK Eugenics Society, a group notorious for over a century for its promotion of racist pseudoscience and efforts to “improve racial stock” by reducing the population of those deemed inferior.

The ties of Adrian Hill to the Galton Institute should raise obvious concerns given the push to make the Oxford-AstraZeneca vaccine he developed with Gilbert the vaccine of choice for the developing world, particularly countries in Latin America, South and Southeast Asia, and Africa, the very areas where the Galton Institute’s past members have called for reducing population growth.

• Sea Breeze
    Sea Breeze

DJW,

I'm curious; do you have a specific example of a scientific finding that you feel is the best example of proof of darwinian evolution?

• silentbuddha
    silentbuddha

Where is cofty? I don't believe he isn't in this thread somewhere.

• Disillusioned JW
    Disillusioned JW

Sea Breeze, for me it more of a comprehensive collection of numerous scientific findings that together prove well beyond a reasonable doubt that neo-Darwinian evolution (incorporating the idea of punctuated equilibrium) is a fact. It like viewing a large jigsaw puzzle. If a person only looks at a few pieces of a 650 piece jigsaw puzzle (without looking at the picture on the cover of the puzzle's box) then the person has virtually no idea of the what the whole puzzle is a picture of. Even if the person looks at all 650 pieces without the pieces connected together, then the person would still have no more than very little of an idea of what the whole puzzle is a picture of. But, after much of the puzzle has been assembled then the person has a good idea.

By the way, as a youngster I loved putting together jigsaw puzzles, including a 650 piece jigsaw puzzle and I still have most of the puzzles I had as a youngster.

• Sea Breeze
    Sea Breeze

DJW,

If a person were discussing getting a serious medical procedure and the doctor started talking about putting puzzles together as a child & refused to provide even one scientific example supporting his recommendation to do surgery, many people would feel uncomfortable about it. This would be especially true if a person had been previously abused by authority figures in the past.

Sounds like you need to do some more research.

• Disillusioned JW
    Disillusioned JW

In order for the doctor to know how to do the medical procedure the person who became the doctor had to spend numerous years studying numerous medical facts in order to later become a doctor, in order to later diagnose the medical problem, in order to later determine the solution to the medical problem, and in order to later propose a particular medical procedure and to perform the medical procedure. Figuratively speaking, the person who became the doctor had to collect and study multiple puzzle pieces and to piece them together. My analogy of jigsaw puzzles is thus valid.

For example, in order to show the fossil evidence for evolutionary transition of humans from non-human animals, one needs more than one fossil. One needs multiple fossils representing multiple stages of the transition (multiple transitional features). Likewise to show the evidence of evolution from comparative anatomy a person needs to compare more than one common feature between two different species. One needs to compare many common features (as well as different features and somewhat different features) between numerous species, to show that various current species have a common ancestor and to show evidence for biological evolution.

There is also the evidence from genetics of existing species, the evidence from biogeography, the evidence from experiments in mutations of genes, the evidence of atavisms, the evidence of radiometric dating of fossils, and more. There is also the principle of consilience. When these lines of evidence are all considered together, while using the principle of consilience, biological evolution is shown to be true well beyond a reasonable doubt (much like jurors considering multiple pieces of evidence before making a final decision and casting a verdict) - and non-evolutionary special creationism is shown to be extremely unlikely to be true.

Regarding atavisms see https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Atavism .

Sea Breeze, it sounds like you are the one who needs to do some more research and/or to do much more critical thinking (from a scientific perspective) on the topic.

• Sea Breeze
    Sea Breeze

You are bloviating DJW.

I am only asking for one scientific example of Darwinian evolution. You are the one claiming:

"The Evidence of Human Evolution keeps getting stronger and stronger"

With all of the "multiple fossils representing multiple stages of the transition (multiple transitional features)", surely you could pick one that you think could be a best case example, right?

There are so many to choose from right?

• Disillusioned JW
    Disillusioned JW

I already provided one specific fossil example in my first post in this topic thread, namely the example of the fossil skeleton named "Little Foot". I consider it an excellent case - even better than the fossil named Lucy. The "Little Foot" skeleton has a mixture of human non-ape features and of ape nonhuman features, and is thus representative of part of the evolution of modern humans from non-human apes. But it is the collective evidence which strongly and conclusively demonstrates evolution, not merely one single example.

You are trying to trap me by your unreasonable insistence that if if evolution is true then one specific example, all by itself, should be able to conclusively demonstrate its entire truth. That is a major fault of young earth creationists and of their literature.

It is really tiresome communicating with people who are so faulty in their reasoning against biological evolution and in other matters.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit