The Evidence of Human Evolution keeps getting stronger and stronger

by Disillusioned JW 47 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Disillusioned JW
    Disillusioned JW

Despite the WT's and young Earth creationists' teachings against human evolution (namely macroevolution from non-humans) being a reality, the evidence of human evolution keeps getting stronger and stronger.

Consider for example two science news articles and one other science article, each pertaining to the fossil that is nicknamed "Little Foot". Below are links to three science articles, listed in order of the articles from oldest to newest (except I don't see a date for one of the articles).

https://www.newscientist.com/article/2187639-exclusive-controversial-skeleton-may-be-a-new-species-of-early-human/

https://www.maropeng.co.za/content/page/little-foot

https://www.nbcnews.com/science/science-news/painstaking-study-little-foot-fossil-sheds-light-human-origins-rcna325

The fossil is now dated to being 3.67 million years old - "more than a million years older than previously thought" - and it is more complete than the famous fossil which has been named "Lucy". "Little Foot" is a very impressive fossil of the genus Australopithecus!

• mickbobcat
    mickbobcat

No doubt that evolution is real and is a source for much of how things have developed, but it still does not answer all the questions.

• Disillusioned JW
    Disillusioned JW

mickbobcat which questions do you have mind that are not answered by evolution?

• Vidiot
    Vidiot

As far as I'm concerned, all you got to do is Google "horrifying sea life"...

...natural selection explains that shit way better than creationism ever could.

• Disillusioned JW
    Disillusioned JW

See also http://www.sci-news.com/othersciences/anthropology/science-little-foot-australopithecus-prometheus-sterkfontein-cave-south-africa-02656.html . To me the fossil remains of the Little Foot fossil have relative limb proportions and skull proportions more similar to our species than does the Lucy fossil in comparison to our species. However the somewhat divergent aspect of Little Foot's big toe is less like our species than is the big toe of Lucy's species in comparison to our species. To me the facial reconstruction shown at the above article looks more like own species than do the ones of Lucy's species.

The above article mentions the dating method which was used and the significance of that dating method. I found that very interesting.

• mickbobcat
    mickbobcat
    First off I have no doubt that evolution exists and we can see it in the fossil record. But I also do not believe in the bible or any religion on this planet. I have no idea if there is life on other planets. But the complexity and diversity of life on this planet in such abundance and the seeming design [ I know that some design is not all that well designed but over all life is designed with a lot or precision] that I find it hard to believe it all started with a huge explosion and it does not answer what was going on the split second before the big bang.
  • Rocketman123
    Rocketman123

A low guess for the extrapolated universe is 10 to the 24th power solar systems with planets, or 1,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000, or a trillion trillion.

These are solar systems mind you, take that into account and think about how many planets are within those solar systems.

The likelihood of there being planets with atmospheres similar to ares is quite high, therefore making the possibility of biological life being there as well.

Nasa found one back in 2015 called Kepler-452b

info about this planet ......

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kepler-452b

• Phizzy
    Phizzy

mickbobcat, the Theory of Evolution explains how Flora and Fauna evolve over time, so it explains how the plants and animals we see today got here. Nothing more.

If you want to get in to how Life on Earth started, which is one question, or how the Universe we know came in to existence, which is a a separate question, they are NOTHING to do with Evolution.

If you wish to know about those two things you have to study Abiogenesis, and Cosmology.

I also suggest you look at the very solid proof that argues vigorously against the idea of complexity and diversity being proofs of design.

• forzaitalia
    forzaitalia

Funny how there are not millions of fossils backing up evolution....

• Phizzy
    Phizzy

Every Fossil find has backed up that Evolution for flora and fauna is a reality.

Not one fossil find contradicts or disproves the Theory. We have not found " Rabbits in the pre-Cambrian era", which is what one Scientist said would cause an upset.

And as Dawkins rightly said " The Fossil Record is a bonus, not vital to our knowledge" not verbatim, but Dawkins said something similar. We will find more, we are, on a regular basis. They simply expand our knowledge, give us a clearer picture of the course Evolution took.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit