Watchtower go full on propaganda!

by David Graham 34 Replies latest watchtower scandals

• David Graham
    David Graham
    I see the watchtower are getting extremely desperate now.
    http://jwtalk.net/forums/topic/25503-injustice-abounds-for-our-dear-russian-brothers/

Check out the professionally edited video, using professional equipment!
  • Skedaddle
    Skedaddle

I watched this this morning and it said the guy planting the books under the desk was an ex-jw apostate... the second guy was a policeman the JW's are accusing of planting literature but the cop said he was using the literature to liken any evidence to - which does sound bogus! So are the cops planting banned literature on the JW's?

I await Putin's meeting with the GB! If it's anything like the video where he gets that billionaire to sign the contract, I would LOVE IT!!!

• David Graham
    David Graham
    Planting yet more fear into active JW's. Us exjws are sooooooo evil haha!
  • slimboyfat
    slimboyfat

Billions of people are going to be destroyed in a messy angelic fireball. Cut off family who disagree with the fireball idea. Follow orders from the GB even if they don't make sense. All governments and UN are controlled by Satan.

...no they won't find any extremist literature in the Kingdom Hall.

• Beth Sarim
    Beth Sarim
    Not extremist at all.
  • Listener
    Listener
    If the literature is being planted then where is the government obtaining this literature from? Are the Russians making a special request to the USA to mail them this literature or having special agents smuggle it in?
    There are enough confessions in their own textbooks to show that they have no problem with breaking the law by distributing banned literature.
  • OneEyedJoe
    OneEyedJoe
    There are enough confessions in their own textbooks to show that they have no problem with breaking the law by distributing banned literature.

This.

They love to give the examples of police searching people's houses or KHs for literature and not finding it even though it was sitting in plain sight, and they claim this is evidence of god's blessing. They can't have it both ways - either god is blessing them and they're getting away with having banned literature or they've removed all banned literature to comply with the law (as claimed in the video). It's one or the other.

In the video they try to show that authorities are planting evidence but they give no support to this. They show one instance where a cop has a book (bible teach) that he reasonably claims was to be used to quickly identify banned literature. The JWs claim that his intention was to plant this during his search. Was he? Maybe. Do they have any compelling evidence of that? No.

Second case they show is of someone planting books prior to an inspection. Was this authorities planting evidence? It's later revealed in passing that it was a former study, not police, that planted the books. Likely a tip was called in to the police about the banned literature - are they to blame for following up on a tip? It's hardly persecution when the police rightly perform their job and inspect a group that's known to have broken the law in the past. An interesting question, though, is where did this former study get the literature? Only place that makes sense is that he got it from a JW. So maybe they don't keep it at the kingdom hall, maybe they've just got a good hiding spot, but they're still breaking the law.

Last case of supposed planting of evidence by authorities is completely without any basis. They say that police did an inspection and found banned materials and it is assumed ("most think" it was planted - 4:04 in the video) that they were planted because the ever-righteous JWs had gotten rid of their banned literature. But again, this is clearly crap because the JWs have the literature and proudly relate stories of successfully bypassing bans. Maybe most JWs there think it was planted, I think it wasn't. Who cares unless they can show some evidence of wrongdoing?

Having said that, I don't agree with a ban on literature. I think freedom of speech is important, and I don't think the russians are going about this the right way in their (well intentioned) effort to keep their population safe from this dangerous cult. But even so, it looks to me like it's more likely that this video is wildly deceptive and the problem of planted evidence is not what they're making it out to be.

• alcyone
    alcyone

It is an irony JW elders do not allow to record a judicial committee (you need to use "Rahab tactics"if you want to have it), but WTS proudly presents JWs filming policemen in Crimea. A bit hypocritical, isn't it?

• David Graham
    David Graham
    I'm curious. How did they conduct the meeting? Did they have to improvise? If so, wouldn't this constitute going against the governing body, or even going ahead of the chariot?
    I think we all know there is no way a meeting could be conducted without some sort of litriture to prop them up... Or was it that pesky holy spirit again?!
  • Beth Sarim
    Beth Sarim

Maybe they're getting ready to command ''strange instructions'', hm??

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit