In a trance

by bola 27 Replies latest jw experiences

• sir82
    sir82

What was your "sin" - stealing your little brother's toy truck?

• bola
    bola

From scruffmcbuff

Bola, you seem distressed. What exactly has happened?

What is happening is that the elders who sat on the committee in my previous congregation where I still attend due to my parents forcing me to go are wanting to meet with me. But I do not want to meet with them because I know that they want to meet with me for reinstatement. But I do not want to be reinstated at all. I am only going because I been forced to go by my parents.

• bola
    bola

When I was a regular pioneer, I aspired to serve as a ministerial servant and also an elder. And I do report at least 100 hours per month. But when I woke up to the truth about the truth ( TTATT ), I no longer aspired as such again. And was very bitter with the religion that I decided I will leave.

What made me to decide to quit also was when my father was disfellowshipped. And because I do not want to continue living a lie, I wrote my diassociation letter. And the elders met with me, and I left.

• scruffmcbuff
    scruffmcbuff
    They only have as much power as YOU give them. Always remember that.
  • Half banana
    Half banana

Bola, Well done for waking up early in life and learning TTATT!

It's always difficult for anyone to exit the JW cult and clearly you are suffering. You must be in your early twenties and therefore an adult. This means that you can decide for yourself what you do. Would I be right in thinking you are still at home and therefore feel bound to do what your parents ask you?

I think it would be good if you could expand a bit on your situation so that we can help you. You're at college but dependent financially on JW parents?

• sparrowdown
    sparrowdown

Just say NO.

Don't meet with them.

They cannot "force you."

• steve2
    steve2

I can not imagine what it is like for a 10-year-old to be reproved. It must have been a time of great distress and hurt. I am so pleased that you now know TTATT. You realize you won't be completely free until you are financially independent and not living under your parents' roof. Best regards, Bola!

• Giordano
    Giordano

Hi Bola,

What made me to decide to quit also was when my father was disfellowshipped. And because I do not want to continue living a lie, I wrote my dissociation letter. And the elders met with me, and I left.
    What is happening is that the elders who sat on the committee in my previous congregation where I still attend due to my parents forcing me to go are wanting to meet with me. But I do not want to meet with them because I know that they want to meet with me for reinstatement. But I do not want to be reinstated at all. I am only going because I been forced to go by my parents.

What power over you are your parents using to force you?

I think some of us are a little confused......... your father is DF and he wants you to go back..... is that to help him get reinstated? Or is he concerned about you not surviving Armageddon (his belief).

Are they ready to throw you out of the house or withdraw financial aid to continue your schooling and this is putting pressure on you to conform?

You seem certain that they would reinstate you. Does this also mean that won't happen unless you lie about what you really believe and pretend to accept the JW beliefs and issues of obedience?

I went back and read the 32 posts and subjects you started and they are very open and the JW stuff consistent about your feelings re the religion.

Help us out so we can give you better advice.

• Betheliesalot
    Betheliesalot

This is the perfect example of why 10 year olds should never get baptized.

• Beth Sarim
    Beth Sarim

''This is the perfect example of why 10 year olds should never get baptized''

When you see 8 or 10 year-olds getting baptized, how can it be considered any different than infant baptism?? Really? Does someone that age have any idea of what they are getting involved in?????? Or the ramifications for openly disagreeing with the WT or doing some trivial infraction resulting in DFing and losing the bulk of your friends and your family?? Does a person younger than 18, the adult age, realize this?? Can they understand this?????

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit