A&E - Cults and Extreme Belief - Jehovah's Witnesses

by Incognito 45 Replies latest jw friends

• stuckinarut2
    stuckinarut2

Sure, there are some things that may have been done differently, but we need to see it all as part of the wave of momentum that is crashing down on the Org.

Every bit of mainstream media coverage adds to the weight of evidence against the Society. Yes, they will spin it as "satanic propaganda" as do all high control cults. But shows like this will help stop new ones from joining, and will puts cracks into the facade for hundreds or thousands of still ins

• James Jack
    James Jack

They barely scratched the surface of this Organization. I hope they do a follow up to expose all of their doctrines and false predictions!

• flipper
    flipper

This show was fantastic with Barbara & Romy exposing the WT Society. Very well done. We need more of these types of shows coming out. Need a barrage of them coming out ! Peace out, Mr. Flipper

• babygirl30
    babygirl30

I have to agree with THIS part...at no time would any CEO or company head of a massive corp be readily available just to chat with a walk-in without a formal appt. To me that came across as a little unstable. I'm sorry. Mail your letter and move on. But I guess they wanted to sensationalize the story by adding the headquarters visit.

Going to HQ was a little overdone. What large organization could you go to, and drop in on the CEO or someone from the Board of Directors without an appointment of some kind??
  • Incognito
    Incognito
    at no time would any CEO or company head of a massive corp be readily available just to chat with a walk-in without a formal appt.

Although I agree with you and previous posters regarding a CEO being unlikely to be available, a larger corp such as WT will typically have a PR or other official that could meet with and troubleshoot such a request. When a person is upset, they may ask for the top person when they often just want to speak with someone with authority, to hear and understand their concern. A security guard, receptionist, tour guide or junior clerk would not satisfy that request. Even if the person does not possess authority to deal with the specific concern, the complainant should feel satisfied and confident that their issue was received, treated seriously, and will be communicated to the appropriate person(s).

WT was shown to be unconcerned and uncaring to fellow JWs, not showing even common courtesy to at minimum, find out why she traveled there and wanted to meet. The gate guard had advised that someone would greet her if she waited in the 'holding' area indicated, but instead, two stuffed shirts sat in a vehicle and only observed her from a distance. They could have in the least, pulled their vehicle alongside her vehicle or had spoken to her through the fence. Even if they saw cameras, they could have agreed to speak on condition that cameras are not present. Instead, she sat waiting, looking at them watching her for almost 40 minutes until she finally accepted her request would not be fulfilled whereby she decided to leave.

While she and the program crew may have anticipated there would not be a meeting with a GB member, I doubt any of them expected WT's response being as poor and cold as it was.

• ScenicViewer
    ScenicViewer
    ...at no time would any CEO or company head of a massive corp be readily available just to chat with a walk-in without a formal appt.

Romy made a stunning point when she said that JWs spend thousands and thousands of hrs (actually it's millions of hrs) worldwide going to people's doors expecting the house holders to talk to them, yet here Romy was at the world headquarters of JWs and she could not get one single person to speak with her.

This shows an extreme double standard on the part of JWs, and it's coming from the very top of the Organization.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit