A&E - Cults and Extreme Belief - Jehovah's Witnesses

by Incognito 45 Replies latest jw friends

• blownaway
    blownaway

I found a link to the show. Removing the link. I think its an non copy right show. :) link to the host site if you do your own search, https://vidzela.com/

• dubstepped
    dubstepped

Thanks blownaway! Just shared it to a friend.

• never a jw
    never a jw

blownaway

the link within the link just messed up my computer.

Do not click!!! Do not click!!! Do not click!!!

Do not click!!!!

I got a spoken message saying that I had been infected and nothing would get me out of that screen. I ended up turning the computer off, but my Internet explorer browser doesn't allow me to post anymore. I am posting from Firefox.

Simon, remove the link

• AverageJoe1
    AverageJoe1

Here you go folks: https://we.tl/xEk1VRVIDO

This WeTransfer link expires on 6th May 2018 so download it before then!

MKV file size 609Mb.

• cobweb
    cobweb

Cheers Blownaway. I managed to watch it through your link before you took it down. Great show.

• TweetieBird
    TweetieBird

I watched it this morning on. www.aetv.com. I thought it was very well put together.

Hope more like this come out. Barbara Anderson was fantastic and lent a lot to the credibility of the whole show.

Does anyone have a rough estimate as to how much the Society has paid out to victims?

• mentalclarity
    mentalclarity

Watched this last night,

Barbara Anderson - what a class act. I mean seriously, such a great representation for ex jws because you can tell all her actions towards the organization came from a place of personal integrity and it doesn't fit the crazy, bitter apostate narrative.

Romy was very brave to tell her story -Warlocks treatment of her speaks volumes. They are such buffoons- even just for PR they should have handled that totally different.

• LongHairGal
    LongHairGal

I’m seeing the show yet again now on A&E....Another thing that should be apparent to the public is that there is TOO much togetherness and NO boundaries in the Witness religion. I was always bothered by this. Very unnatural and unhealthy.

There is the WRONG belief that everyone is your “brother” and you are supposed to let your guard down. So, people let their kids out of their sight and imagine that all is well...until it isn’t.

I’m just so glad this is getting alot of air time. Let the world know - and also to wake up some Witnesses in the viewing audience who are clueless or in major denial!

• Incognito
    Incognito
    There is the WRONG belief that everyone is your “brother” and you are supposed to let your guard down.

Good point LongHairGal, especially in consideration of Barbara's comments about how pedophiles often take the most interest when JW's do prison ministry. If we don't have a prison located near to us, we might not give much thought to prison ministry but people, including JW's, do tend to move around. How much more so for someone recently released, trying to escape their past and starting a new life as a JW?

Any new JW that suddenly shows-up at the hall is expected to be welcomed with open arms and full trust, even as no one (except a few elders - may be) may know anything about the person.

• Della Street
    Della Street

couple of comments:

1) Where did the "Witness of Jehovah" cartoon come from? I'd never seen this before.

2) Going to HQ was a little overdone. What large organization could you go to, and drop in on the CEO or someone from the Board of Directors without an appointment of some kind??

3) I think Romy is a little too whiny at the begnning - it would have been more powerful to simply state what the doctrine or rules and let people draw their own conclusions.

4) The Anderson's were excellent!!

5) The posted JW Child Abuse Policy contains some items that are new, and perhaps even only recently instigated. I wish there had been more discussion on how the policy has developed.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit