Hit by a car evacuating due to oroville dam. Ever been hit?

by Wasanelder Once 26 Replies latest social current

• Pete Zahut
    Pete Zahut

Not that your injuries weren't bad but I'm glad it wasn't worse. If you didn't get the woman's license number or there were no witnesses, perhaps there was a nearby business that had a security cam going. It's a slim chance but I know someone who was able to provide evidence of a crash that way. My guess she didn't have insurance and was making a run for it.

Hope they're able to get you patched up good as new....until then we'll have to excuse any typos you make while posting here. LOL !

GET WELL SOON !!

• smiddy
    smiddy

Sorry to hear about that .The fact that she hit you and still drove off is a serious offence I hope they catch her.

I hope it doesnt turn out to be anything of a serious nature.

When I was 12 or so I got hit by a dodge utillity was knocked out my bike totalled lost a couple of front teeth and spent the night in hospital ....My fault.

Take care.

• LV101
    LV101

That's terrible -- she needs to be in lockdown. Cops hunted her down meaning they caught her? I hope so. Hopefully you can go after her insurance or however it works in California. Get what you can (whatever insurance you have to deal with) because you never know how your hand will feel and turn out - not being negative but jus sayin'.

Keep care of yourself.

• LV101
    LV101

Seriously -- no charges filed?!

• rebelfighter
    rebelfighter

I am so sorry you were involved in this accident. I hope everything will be ok with your hand.

Simon, you got a few dislikes for your comment there. Honesty here! How many speeding tickets have you gotten? How many accidents have you been involved in?

• Nathan Natas
    Nathan Natas

She really did herself a favor by turning a simple tap into a hit-and-run. She must be a criminal GENIUS!

I hope you recover rapidly and completely.

• carla
    carla

Wishing you a speedy recovery!

• nowwhat?
    nowwhat?

She hit you AFTER you got her info?! What an imbecile

• My Name is of No Consequence
    My Name is of No Consequence

Years ago, my brother was hit by a car out in field service. He wasn't hurt but it was kind of funny. Your situation is much more serious. I hope that you make a full recovery Wasanelder Once!

• AnneB
    AnneB

Went back to get info from driver who tapped our car in line of cars exiting the area. After getting her info, she waited till i walked back to our car and punched the gas, hitting me. Then drove off. was dark and raining and the scene full of panic. No charges filed but insurance all round. Cops hunted her down. Anyone else been run down by a nutjob? How did it turn out? I may need pins in my hand.

So far not a word said on behalf of the woman involved in this mishap...

It's just possible that she didn't mean to hit you at all. Perhaps she was already rattled by the evacuation and, in her upset, either hit the wrong pedal or hit with too much force and couldn't recover before you were injured! Driving off after giving you her ID and insurance information seems to show that she had no ill intent, so why impute such to her? "Dark, raining, and the scene full of panic."... and no one can see that she's not a "nutjob" as much as a woman in fright?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit