Hit by a car evacuating due to oroville dam. Ever been hit?

by Wasanelder Once 26 Replies latest social current

• Wasanelder Once
    Wasanelder Once

Went back to get info from driver who tapped our car in line of cars exiting the area. After getting her info, she waited till i walked back to our car and punched the gas, hitting me. Then drove off. was dark and raining and the scene full of panic. No charges filed but insurance all round. Cops hunted her down. Anyone else been run down by a nutjob? How did it turn out? I may need pins in my hand.

• sparrowdown
    sparrowdown

That's awful Wasanelder! There are some crazy people out there that will use panic-inducing situations to behave appallingly. Hope you're ok.

• Simon
    Simon

Wow, that's insane.

But let's review what we know:

She's a woman driver.

She already hit you once while travelling at almost zero speed.

She then hit you again.

In conclusion, she's a woman driver.

• flipper
    flipper

Wasanelder- My god man ! That's crazy ! And shows how insane people are out there these days. ( Must have been a Trump supporter ) I wonder if she was hopped up on meth ? That area is well known to be a heavy " tweaker " area.

So your hand was broken ? I hope your hand ends up being O.k. ! I'm so sorry to hear this. I've never been run down by a human nut job- in November of 2015 I was hit in the side by a freaking 250 lb. 6 point buck deer that damn near could have killed me at 60 MPH. If it had gone through my windshield- but it ran straight into my left front side near my car tire crashing the left front end and shattering the headlight. I got a $ 6,000 settlement and was able to fix the truck- was lucky I was not hurt at all.

If you'd be guaranteed that the cops would put this freak away for awhile in jail- I'd press charges, but you never know how soon she'd be out again. Then if you see her in town again- no telling what she'd do next time. Something to think about. I would make sure you get the maximum insurance $$$ for not only your pain and suffering in the vehicle situation but the huge headache you'll have to go through in medical damage to your hand and possible rehab to get your hand fixed . Go for the jugular - you may have to get an attorney on top of the Insurance company - or instead of. I wish you the best. Hang in there friend, if you need any help at all I'm about an hour away from you - would be glad to help out . Hang in there my friend

• AllTimeJeff
    AllTimeJeff

Got hit by a Cadillac STS crossing a downtown intersection at approx 25 MPH in 2007. Flipped in the air twice and 25 feet later, landed soundly on my @$$. I am pretty sure that's where I landed, because I don't think landing on my head would have bounced...

Sorry to hear dude. Hope you recover. As they say, people are crazy.

• talesin
    talesin

I ran out in front of a car, and woke up in the hospital a couple of days later. Except for a bit of arthritis in my hip, no major lifetime repercussions.

Sure hope you're okay, buddy! Day-yum, you met a crazy - glad she didn't have a gun. Get well soon. xx

• Spoletta
    Spoletta

I was hit in a crosswalk by a drunk driver, luckily had a guitar with me and held up the case in front of me. I woke up surrounded by people peering down at me. Miraculously, nothing was broken, but I could barely move the next day. My guitar was not so lucky!

I was 18, broke, and living on my own, so when the driver's insurance company offered to pay for my guitar, the ambulance, and the emergency room, I jumped at the offer.

Later I found out it was the editor of a women's magazine, with prior DUI offenses. I've often joked that I could have made a pile of money.

• respectful_observer
    respectful_observer

As long as the cops were able to track her down and you have her insurance information, it should be pretty cut and dry (assuming her insurance wasn't lapsed, or something). As for your hand, if you get pins expect about a month with the pins, and about 9 months before the swelling and stiffness finally fade away.

• Village Idiot
    Village Idiot

I was working security once at Universal Studios. It was my job to stop vehicles and ask for their id. I tried to stop a semi-truck that was entering the studios but the driver whizzed by within one foot of me. I yelled so loudly that the truck stopped. Two anal orifices got out of the truck and approached me in a menacing manner. Trying to diffuse the situation I told them that they had to be nice to which they replied that they don't have to be anything. I should have called for back up.

• Iown Mylife
    Iown Mylife

That is awful to have to be leaving your home in the rain and dark night, add to that a severe injury - Sure hope your hand gets back to normal quickly!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit