WT studied by all congregations 4th Feb 2018.

by skin 18 Replies latest watchtower bible

• Bobcat
    Bobcat

Here is an article on Luke. A little way down in the sub title "His profession" there is some discussion on medicine in Luke's time.

• OrphanCrow
    OrphanCrow
    smiddy: Did they have glass windows in Jesus day ?

No

• Slidin Fast
    Slidin Fast

I sat through this and didn't pick up this point, good catch skin. Physician? Perhaps there was a de-fib machine handy.

• ToesUp
    ToesUp

Perhaps, apparently, no doubt, evidently are just a few words WT uses to make such stories so true. We never noticed this until we exited the cult. WT uses this tactic all of the time

• RubaDub
    RubaDub

Was the talk so boring that the person fell asleep and fell out of the window?

Rub a Dub

• charonsdog
    charonsdog

Luke was a medical doctor, but Paul had stayed at a Holiday Inn Express the night before....

• Pete Zahut
    Pete Zahut

”11. What did the physician Luke report happened to a young man, and how did that affect others?”

To me, that question indicates that they don't quite believe what Luke reported. I'm guessing that they don't believe Luke had such special "powers"so as to be able to bring someone back to life. Perhaps they feel that the man was likely only unconscious rather than dead and he "came-to" at that precise moment with Luke. Then the story grew into something more than it was and eventually became so. (We all know how Gods people love to speculate and find significance where none exists)

• fastJehu
    fastJehu

Paul brought the young man back - not Luke.

But they wrote about PHYSICIAN Luke, that every JW is believing, that the young man was REALLY dead.

• slimboyfat

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit