Who is "The" Creator ? Jehovah or Jesus ?

by smiddy3 13 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• smiddy3
    smiddy3

Is Jehovah the Creator ?

Apparently Jehovah created the "Word" or "Logos" ( Jesus)

And he never created anything else according to Bible scripture.

However the first born of creation the Logos /Jesus was used to create everything else in the material world.

So then isn`t Jesus also a Creator ?

Two creators ? have you ever thought about that ?

What problems does that create ?

I don`t have the answers however I would like your input to this question.

• UnshackleTheChains
    UnshackleTheChains

Hi Smiddy,

I personally believe it was Yahweh God.

I am still in two minds about Jesus pre existence. I am currently reading some books by J Dan Gill and Anthony Buzzard on this subject.

Here is a short video by Anthony Buzzard regarding 'the word' in John chapter 1.

https://youtu.be/nFcIFum3wz0

• The Fall Guy
    The Fall Guy

Sir Christopher Wren is accredited with building St.Paul's Cathedral in London - as well as rebuilding others.

"He was accorded responsibility for rebuilding 52 churches in the City of London after the Great Fire in 1666, including what is regarded as his masterpiece, St Paul's Cathedral." (Wikipedia)

I'll bet he never lifted a brick. It's all about semantics.

• truth_b_known
    truth_b_known

My father taught us Jehovah created Jesus. From there Jesus created everything with Jehovah. "Let us make..."

• a watcher
    a watcher

I find Colossians 1:16 helpful: "...All other things have been created THROUGH him and FOR him", not BY him.

Jehovah is the Creator. Jesus is His assistant.

• nicolaou
    nicolaou

There is no creator. See how easy it is?

• flipper
    flipper

Neither. We create ourselves. Well, that's not technically true either- our dad's and mom's had sex and that's how we were made actually. TTATT .

• Diogenesister
    Diogenesister

a Watcher : look at the context. Most translations say BY him

"For by Him all things were created that are in heaven and that are on earth, visible and invisible, whether thrones or dominions or principalities or powers. All things were created through Him and for Him.”

• David_Jay
    David_Jay

This question is flawed as it doesn’t leave itself open to true critical discussion.

It appears you are limiting the question to Christians as you are including Christian texts in the discussion.

But if this is so, you are too late to try to formulate a new answer. The same authority that set the Biblical canon and decided which books would make up the Old and New Testaments for Christians is also the one that set this answer too.

Nominal, orthodoxy in Christianity teaches that Jesus is the same as YHWH, so the question is not moot and already settled, at least for those who are Christian. Only those who are generally regarded as belonging to cults from a Christian perspective think otherwise. You’re too late to raise the question again and make up new rules, unless you want to go back to the Jehovah's Witnesses and see them win.

But nicolaou raises a most important point. As a non-theist, he does not believe there is a creator. While you did say you would like to hear the “input” from others, you did not set parameters. What makes an answer valid to the discussion as well as suitable for testing by independent and disinterested parties so that it can be critically analyzed to ensure its validity?

I’m Jewish. Like nicolaou I don’t have the views of “creator,” “God,” “deity,” Jesus and the Bible that is held by Christians. How do I answer who is the creator? Even if Jesus is left out of the picture, Jews don’t approach the subject in such a naive manner. Even though I fully accept God as real, my answer sounds similar to nicolaou’s to be honest.

The question is very narrow. It’s like making medical bandages, Band-Aids, that are all peach-colored and selling them to people of darker colored skin types, like from Ethiopia. Not everybody is white. Or like selling wedding cakes that have decorations with only grooms and brides on the top. There are gay and lesbian couples, you know.

If you consider yourself a critical thinker, your questions have to be designed critically too. If they aren’t, then you aren’t thinking critically.

• a watcher
    a watcher

Diogenesister, my Bible reads "...because by means of him all other things..."

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit