CT Russell, he loved and supported genocidal militants.

by lastmanstanding 34 Replies latest watchtower scandals

• lastmanstanding
    lastmanstanding
    Russelite2 says;

Russell was not a prophet, and his conclusions and expectations regarding 1914 were NOT prophecies. Thus, there was no Russell's 1914 "prophecy". He never claimed that his expectations and conclusions were without error, and certainly never claimed anyone had to accept his conclusions in order to be a Christian, to be associated with the Bible Students, etc.

Unfortunately for russelite2,we all can read the truth.

CT Russell

We see no reason for changing the figures—nor could we change them if we would, They are, we believe, God's dates, not ours. But bear in mind that the end of 1914 is not the date for the beginning, but for the end of the time of the trouble.

Can it be Delayed Until 1914?", Zion's Watch Tower, July 15, 1894.

FALSE PROPHET

• Diogenesister
    Diogenesister

yes Dark Spliver they were known as " Pennsylvania Dutch" were they not? I did make the connection though wasn't sure if I was being a bit, well, prejudiced, but I thought that Watchtower has been run by Germans or their descendents for years. Whether the hierarchy appeals to them I don't know.

The fact that German Watchtower encouraged joining the German army, but the British Watchtower didn't, is a bit suspicious given the background of all these Germanic Watchtower high ups /presidents!!

• Diogenesister
    Diogenesister
    Reslight 2Russell never claimed to be the faithful and wise servant and he never claimed to be the Laodicean angel. These claims were made by others.

Well, yes, strictly speaking, as it was his wife Maria who called him the faithfull and wise servant. He didn't reject it, and when it's your wife who is calling you such, most people would assume that he must have approved of the idea at the very least - otherwise he would have soon " shut that shit down" as Negan would say!

• TD
    TD

German speakers and Germans from Germany are not exactly the same thing. Confusing the two is on par with confusing residents of the U.S. and Canada, simply because they both speak English.

German speaking immigrants to the U.S. came from a number of countries.

The majority belonged to peaceful religions that were regarded as somewhat odd even at the time.

--Amish, Mennonite, Hutterite, Anabaptist, etc.

• lastmanstanding

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit