CT Russell, he loved and supported genocidal militants.

by lastmanstanding 34 Replies latest watchtower scandals

• lastmanstanding
    lastmanstanding

Reslight dood.

You know, nobody here is falling for your crap, no matter how many paragraphs you cut and paste.

If you cared to look back, I posted links to the photographs of the actual bound volumes in my possession that I took just the other night.

Everyone can read for themselves what Russell said and get the understanding of what he meant as he fawned over the German military machine and the German government. it’s right there in black and white.

... so Reslight dood, or Warwick, take your pick, you can take your propaganda elsewhere.

• OrphanCrow
    OrphanCrow

Russell's hopes and fears and dreams for 1914 were all tied up with his expectations for the establishment of the Jewish homeland. Everything about his doctrine revolved around that event.

Russel's 1914 "prophecy" had more to do with the anticipated Balfour Declaration than it had to do with any invisible arrival of Christ

• lastmanstanding
    lastmanstanding

Reslight, or is that russelite....

Your attempt to defend the indefensible is laughable.

You have made so many false statements and twisted the truth so many times, it’s not worth discussing.

Its better that we just keep posting photos of the actual Watchtowers so that everyone can read for themselves what a total self serving, self aggrandizing pontificating idiot he was.

• reslight2
    reslight2
    lastmanstanding: You know, nobody here is falling for your crap,

I have no reason to believe that the facts I presented are "crap".

lastmanstanding: no matter how many paragraphs you cut and paste.

Not sure at all what this is referring to, since, except for a quote from Russell, I see nothing in what I presented that was "cut and paste."

lastmanstanding: If you cared to look back, I posted links to the photographs of the actual bound volumes in my possession that I took just the other night.

So, I posted a link to the entire article. One can see that there is nothing in that article or anything else that Russell ever said that says that Russell loved and supported genocidal militants.

lastmanstanding: Everyone can read for themselves what Russell said and get the understanding of what he meant as he fawned over the German military machine and the German government. it’s right there in black and white.

Precisely, he was discussing the fulfillment of Bible prophecies related to what the Bible foretells was about to come about.

lastmanstanding: ... so Reslight dood, or Warwick, take your pick, you can take your propaganda elsewhere.

Irrelevant. I do not view presenting the facts to be propaganda, but I guess that depends on what one means by "propaganda."

http://rlctr.blogspot.com/2016/12/jws.html

• lastmanstanding
    lastmanstanding

Russelite2

Since you are too lazy to go read it, I will cut from the OP and paste it here.

“In Germany every man is a soldier; and what wonderful soldiers they seem to be:… military methods extending into every department of life, business, etc. And, by the way, we experienced quite a change of view with reference to this matter of German military influence. We had heretofore considered as an almost unmixed evil the taking of hundreds of thousands of men from the tilling of the soil to spend four years each in the prime of life in military service; but now we see another side to the question.”

CTR admits he was wrong when he dissed the German military machine in the past. When once they thought the German military was “unmixed evil”, CTR now writes,

“… it has been the greatest and most rapid educator of the men of that nation, and thus, under divine providence, an instrumentality for awakening the world and preparing for the great change of dispensation about to be inaugurated.”

Do you not see, like everyone else can plainly read, that CTR writes that the German military UNDER DIVINE PROVIDENCE... PREPARING FOR THE ....DISPENSATION

Can you not read that CTR had a change of heart? ... that he contrasts his original thinking, that the German military was evil, with his new light, that it’s under DIVINE PROVIDENCE?

Imagine, the German army was “divine providence” and was part of the “dispensation” !

But you want us to not read that.

But alas, CTR does not stop there. He goes on to say that the German military is better that college.

But let’s see, you can’t see that.... LOL get some glasses. BTW, you can take your blogspot and sit on it. Maybe it’ll hatch new light.

I on the other hand, will stick to verifiable photos of the original Watchtower

“It has taken sleepy, thoughtless boys from the farm and has waked them up and educated them, often to far more practical benefit than four years of a college course would have done. As a result, one seldom meets a stupid German.”

• lastmanstanding
    lastmanstanding
    lastmanstanding: Everyone can read for themselves what Russell said and get the understanding of what he meant as he fawned over the German military machine and the German government. it’s right there in black and white.

Russlight2 replies. “Precisely, he was discussing the fulfillment of Bible prophecies related to what the Bible foretells was about to come about.”

Really, where did the “Bible prophecies” say the German military was such a fine educator under divine providence?

Where do the Bible prophecies indicate that the German military would take all the farmer boys from the farm, under divine providence, and give them better that a college education?

Where do the Bible prophecies indicate that the German military would be “the arbiter of peace” for the world?

I call BS

• lastmanstanding
    lastmanstanding

Russlite2

Your link is nothing more than a weak, lame and feeble site that tries, like a half dead trout with its genitalia ripped out, attempting to swim upstream through a pack of hungry bears to spawn, in an effort to make that lunatic Russell look less bad.

My photographs stand for the truth.

• reslight2
    reslight2
    OrphanCrow: Russell taught a Zionist doctrine.

Russell taught the Bible prophecies show that Israel was to be restored, if that is what is meant. Although the Jewish Zionist movement is built on these doctrines of the Bible, the doctrine itself is not a "Zionist doctrine". Russell did believe that divine providence was using the Zionist movement as one of the means to fulfill the prophecies of the Bible.

OrphanCrow: A dual covenant doctrine of salvation whereby all would be saved - Jew and Gentile alike.

I did a digital search of Russell's works for "dual covenant", and found nothing. I am not sure what is meant by this term. Russell believed that Israel is to be restored first under the New Covenant, and that all Gentiles will be restored under the New Covenant. I do not agree with all of Russell's conclusions, but my own conclusions are similar, although I believe that believers in this age are justified and consecrated by tasting of the powers -- the New Covenant -- of the age to come. -- Matthew 26:28; Mark 14:24; Luke 22:20; Hebrews 6:5; 10:29.

OrphanCrow: Jesus came for all. (but especially for Chuckie)

1 Timothy 4:10 - For to this end we both labor and suffer reproach, because we have set our trust in the living God, who is the Savior of all men, especially of those who believe.

1 John 2:2 - And he [Jesus] is the atoning sacrifice for our sins, and not for ours only, but also for the whole world.

1 John 4:9-10 - By this was God's love revealed in us, that God has sent his only born Son into the world that we might live through him. [10] In this is love, not that we loved God, but that he loved us, and sent his Son as the atoning sacrifice for our sins.

Yes, the Bible does teach that that the "one God" (1 Corinthians 8:6) sent Jesus to save all from the condemnation in Adam (Romans 5:12-19; 1 Timothy 2:5,6), but especially those who now believe, for these become the seed of Abraham and will have a part in judging and blessing the world in the age to come.

Russell, however never spoke of special salvation peculiar to himself.

OrphanCrow: The Jewish homeland figured prominently in Russell's doctrines

Russell did believe that the restoration of Israel figures prominently in the Bible prophecy. Nevertheless, he did not assume authority to refuse association with any Christian who did not accept his conclusions. I do believe that prophecies are being fulfilled in Israel in preparation for their acceptance of Jesus and the new covenant.

http://christianquestions.com/current-events/771-israel-gods-chosen-or-obsolete/

• reslight2
    reslight2
    OrphanCrow: Russel's 1914 "prophecy"

Russell was not a prophet, and his conclusions and expectations regarding 1914 were NOT prophecies. Thus, there was no Russell's 1914 "prophecy". He never claimed that his expectations and conclusions were without error, and certainly never claimed anyone had to accept his conclusions in order to be a Christian, to be associated with the Bible Students, etc.

http://rlctr.blogspot.com/2016/12/prophet_17.html

OrphanCrow: had more to do with the anticipated Balfour Declaration than it had to do with any invisible arrival of Christ

Russell was not at all expecting "any invisible arrival of Christ" in 1914. However, Russell was expecting the actual kingdom to be restored in Jerusalem around 1914 or shortly thereafter, and that the kingdom would slowly spread to other nations. While he did not set any date for the end of the time of trouble, I am sure that he did not think it would last more than 100 years. He did not realize that there there would be a period of time related to the restoration of Israel before Israel recognizes Jesus as their King. I do not see this happening until after Satan is abyssed. (Revelation 20:3) I am not sure exactly how all these prophecies fit together, but evidently the sons of God of this age are revealed before the actual restoration of the Kingdom in Jerusalem. Then there is to be a period of chastisement of Israel before the new covenant is actually concluded. -- Ezekiel 16:44-63.

• OrphanCrow

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit