And You JW Wives Thought the Organization Was Too Repressive....Read This !

by xjw_b12 25 Replies latest social current

• RAYZORBLADE
    RAYZORBLADE

Cruzanheart's response: classic.

OK: Mr. Barnhill, you just step-on up there and take your wife's place; after she's been proven guilty and you to be made to look the fool, you go on off to the prison or correctional centre for women.

Watch them play billiards with his family jewels.

• Panda
    Panda

Now that's what I'm talkin' 'bout A nice little stay for the Mr. amongst the menaeds YES

• run dont walk
    run dont walk

oh boy, now some GB member will read this and say that's a good idea, we should do it.

• Scully
    Scully

RDW:

Yeah I can see the Awake! article now.... about how to drive and breastfeed at the same time so sisters can't use their newborns as an excuse to cop out of field service.

Love, Scully

• Maverick
    Maverick

If you asked me to make up the stupest, most demeaning, fiction about a religion dominating women, I don't think I could have come up with anything as good as this! And what is it with the morons in the Michigan Legislator letting women drive and breast-feed? That can't be right? As bad as those people drive! Anyone know if that part is true. Can the Michagonians drive while breast-feeding? Because they sure as hell can't when they are not! Maverick, (Who just spend nine weeks in Michigan diligently avoiding getting run down by soccer-moms in SUV's!)

• rocketman
    rocketman

Yep, there are some very repressive religions and organizations out there. Newsweek magazine ran a stroy last week about women in conservative religions, Muslim and Christian, who have little recourse when they are abused by their hubbies. While jw women were not mentioned per se (the article was short and quite general) there's no question that the jw religion, requiring "extreme" abuse before seperation is allowed, falls into such a category.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit