by Nic 46 Replies latest jw experiences

• Valis
    Valis

I say "Up With Skirts and Down With Pants!"

Sincerely,

District Overbeer

• obiwan
    obiwan

Yeah, let's see what ya got. Thong, bikini, granny panties, boxers...nothing!

• waiting
    waiting

you would.

• Panda
    Panda

Valis, as a photographer maybe you've got some Assembly photos to share?

• Lapuce
    Lapuce

Well true that Jesus wore skirts he also had a beard, how come that wearing a beard is bad then by the watchtower standards??? Jesus did so why can't we since we are following his example???

Lapuce

• wasasister
    wasasister

TeeJay, I'm curious about your comment:

Besides, wearing pants to religious meeting is disrespectful, IMO. I passed a church the other day and saw men and women dressed as if they were going to the bowling alley. Even though I'm not a believer, I think a certain decorum should be used when going to ANY house of worship.

The JW standard used to be, Business Dress. In other words, what would you wear to a job interview in an office situation.

These days, a well-tailored slacks suit would be respectful and perfectly appropriate for any business setting. I'm not talking about Gap Khakis, but nice pleated slacks. What difference is there between that, and a skirt?

I agree that for certain occasions, eg: weddings and funerals, casual attire is not acceptable. But a woman wearing a wool-blend pant outfit from Nordstrom? What if her legs are less-than-perfect?

This rule is as antiquated as the one on slit-skirts.

• Xena
    Xena

I enjoy wearing dresses, heels and hose....freak that I am ...lol although they do tend to be a bit different looking from the ones I wore to the hall

I agree with teejay regarding "church attire". If you are going to engage in worship I believe a certain decorum should be shown.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit