Engaged and having a baby, I’m not JW fiancé is

by Viarayne 33 Replies latest social relationships

• Viarayne
    Viarayne

I’m not interested in becoming a Jehovah’s Witness but have nothing against people who are, or whatever religion someone chooses to follow for that matter. I am here because I have some questions regarding my family and I.

My fiancé stopped going to church prior to us meeting. For a while now he has talked about going back which I support him in. I wouldn’t want to keep him from something he genuinely believes in, but also want the same respect in not being expected to join it when I don’t/don’t feel it is the correct fit for my child and I.

That being said, here are my questions:

•If he were to go back to a Kingdom Hall would he have to go through some sort of repentance for my child and I?

•Baby and I are considered worldly, is that a nice way of saying walking sins?

•Would my fiancé be frowned upon for having a child and fiancé that are worldly with no intent of practicing JW?

I don’t mean to sound ignorant to the matter, I am just genuinely curious and as you can imagine it’s a bit of a touchy subject for my fiancé. Thank you in advance.

• scary21
    scary21

IS HE BAPTIZED? If not he could go back but if you were living together you MUST be married. He may be shunned anyhow if he married a non JW.

Get married BEFORE he goes back. Regardless there will be trouble.

• HappyBlessedFree
    HappyBlessedFree

I can understand you have respect for different religions and peoples right to choose. . . but this is no ordinary religion. It is harmful to families and especially children. Please go to JWfacts.com and learn about the religion so that you can help your fiancé not go back.

I was a JW for over 25 years and am a mom with 2 kids under 6. I recently learned of the child abuse issues and the extreme hypocrisy and biblical lies. I had a birthday for my oldest and it was the first one they ever had. My oldest is finally blossoming and healing from growing up as a young JW.

If your fiancé does go back (if he’s baptized) and is unmarried he will most likely be disfellowshipped and shunned (no one speaking to him when he attends meetings). If he becomes a devote witness he WILL feel compelled to bring you into the religion and your child.

Again this is no ordinary religion. I grew up Catholic and it’s very very different from most of your mainstream religions.

Also if he did become an active JW, down the rode people in the congregation would want to pull you in. Some would invite you to their homes with the sole intention of converting you.

I don’t mean to scare you with all this, but I’m so glad you are here asking questions. Let us know how things progress.

• Tameria2001
    Tameria2001

To a JW, a worldly person is someone who is not a member of the Jehovah's Witness. It does not matter who they are or what they are doing in life.

What is his reason for wanting to go back? Most of the time it is pressure from JW relatives and the threat of losing those loved ones.

Please do plenty of research on this religion, your child's mental well being will depend on it.

• days of future passed
    days of future passed

If he does go back and wants to be full in, there is a possiblity he will want to be married (with the hope of converting you) or he'll step back and make it a condition of marrying him to be a JW. If he wants to straddle the line, it might get tiresome for you as he tries to make everyone at the hall happy, family happy and you happy.

Forewarned is forearmed. As was suggested, take a look at JWfacts.

It is not that they are terrible people, but that they follow a group of men that claim to be God's spokesmen. In following them, they will turn their backs on family that don't obey those men. The rules they impose on the followers, are like of the pharisees of Jesus's day.

• stan livedeath
    stan livedeath

Welcome to the forum.

Is this the fourth new member we have had recently with a similar story....someone in a relationship with a dithering wannabee jw ?

• LOLS
    LOLS

I married my husband who at the time was raised JW , but was very anti JW . Three years into our marriage he was pressured by his family to go back to been a JW , after 6 months of attending meetings & so called Bible study he was baptized .

He promised me faithfully that it would not change him & he would not pressure our 3 children/me into becoming JW's ...... What a lie !

They are pressurized at the kingdom Hall by their elders/families etc to convert their worldly families/Spouses .

They are so hypocritical about everything you do to the point that these men become narcissists & because they are taught that they are the head of your house and have the last say , it becomes an up hill battle daily .
    My whole marriage has been turned upside down since he went back to this crazy Cult they call the True Religion.

So PLEASE make sure you have all the fact before you get yourself into this mess & heart ache .

• sir82
    sir82

Is this the fourth new member we have had recently with a similar story

More like 10th or 12th....

Something is......odd.

• smiddy3
    smiddy3

I agree with you sir82 something is very odd .......... or is it just coincidence ?

• Black Sheep
    Black Sheep

Until he fully understands that he was raised in a mind control cult, he is damaged goods and he is a danger to your children. It's quite clear from his actions that he hasn't reached that point yet

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit