Only a few days ago I was entirely lost and without hope the rug was pulled out from under me

by elderess 92 Replies latest jw friends

• TheListener
    TheListener
    AWESOME!!! I am so happy for you!!!! As I sit here typing this after just reading your OP I am just dumbstruck at how great a turn of events this is. I wish you guy the very very best. I know many others will feel the same way but I just have to say that you've given me a lot of hope that one day my wife will wake up as well.
  • LisaRose
    LisaRose

Wow! I am so happy for you! What a relief it must be to be able to share this with your husband and have it turn out so well.

I am sure there will be many challenges ahead as you go through the difficult process of getting out of the religion and rebuilding your lives, but doing it together will make it so much easier. You will make new friends and build new memories as you encounter many wonderful new firsts: Your first Christmas, First time voting, first Halloween, etc.

Goodbye fear obligation and guilt, hello sleeping in on Saturday morning!

• clarity
    clarity

Wow ...beautiful letter Elderess and an awesome message! Welcome to the both of you. Exhilarating & terrifying at the same time, you may feel like you are on a rollercoaster for awhile.

By all means take your time ...armageddon is not coming. What really woke me up was the "the generation" bunk, and the overlapping generations!! What!!!

Where in jesus supposed words did he say overlapping generations? He said "Truly, I say to you, this generation will not pass away until all these things take place." and those followers that he was talking to hadn't all died 40 yrs later when Jerusalem & the temple were destroyed. Where does it mention overlapping!

Omg so many things just went right over my head ,,,,but not that one!

So huge congratulations you two ... you are on the path to freedom.

Thank you for sharing your experiences hoping to hear more from you.

clarity

• Crazyguy
    Crazyguy
    All I can say is "holy shit Batman thats awesome! "
  • DesirousOfChange
    DesirousOfChange

Image result for congratulations

I just love a happy ending!

Doc

The greatest revenge is living a happy & successful life!

• OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut

Elderess, this is an awesome post. You shared with your husband and he said "Me too." I have met a few others that has a similar experience. While it didn't work out for me with my wife that way, I am still overjoyed to read when that happens. I am more hopeful for the future with my wife also.

And it sounds like your "fade" will be a fast one. I did that. Keep moving forward with your plans- no need to drag things out for years.

As far as your adult children go, you can start researching books about cults and videos on youtube and all that stuff. It may help, it may not. The biggest help to your children will be letting them see your own decisions and freedoms.

Good luck, a toast to you.

• stan livedeath
    stan livedeath

what a result ! well done .

if your an elderess---does that mean he is still an elder ? there are quite a number of serving elders on this site who are now completely awake---plus lots more who have stood down but still associate for family reasons.

see how you feel about this site for a while if your thinking of telling him about it. he will be in good company.

i left the cult before this elder rubbish was started.

• Skedaddle
    Skedaddle

Wow, in tears here! SO , so happy for the both of you! You must have been so apprehensive bringing it up and then BAM he agrees! Phew! Amazing!!! You'll be in my thoughts tonight when I have a glass of wine. Here's to the rest of your happy lives - it can't get any worse than being in a cult now:) Cheers!

• jhine
    jhine
    Wow elderess , that is amazing . Jan
  • macys
    macys

Amazing! And congrats!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit