Either God’s non-existence or His majesty

by venus 35 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• venus
    venus

In natural calamities, everyone (despite one’s faith) is affected. When one denies God’s existence, he experiences no punishment from Him. When one worships Him, he receives no special favor from Him. This is true even in the case of a nation which runs like a thread through the Bible.

1) A tribal religion that was practicing idolatry (Joshua 24:2) somehow felt superior to others and sanctified this feeling by claiming that God had chosen it over others (something God would never do—Deuteronomy 10:17).

2) Under this claim of special relationship with God, it evolved into a conquering nation (Numbers 31) while at times experiencing defeats also, and finally manages to establish a so-called ‘theocratic’ kingdom which lasted for some time.

3) Then this ‘theocracy’ was overthrown by a pagan king who also burned its prestigious temple of worship which obviously caused a theological crisis (irony of theocracy being overpowered by pagans!!!???).

4) Then a theology of a Messiah was evolved. It is taught that Messiah, as a Conqueror, would finally restore what has been lost (Isaiah 9:6-7), thus a long waiting for Messiah started.

5) When Messiah did come, instead of Him conquering the pagans, he was killed (which was never foreseen—Mathew 21:33-39) again by pagans paving the way for further evolution.

6) Messiah’s death was interpreted as God’s way of taking away of sin from the world (John 1:29), thus an incomprehensible teaching of ransom was evolved.

7) Sin was not taken away, nor has the restoration taken place so far. Hence a teaching of second coming of the Messiah was evolved, and waiting continues ever after two thousand years.

8) During this waiting period, a group somehow feels superior to others and sanctifies this feeling by claiming that God had chosen it over others (something God would never do—Deuteronomy 10:17) appointing them as the “faithful and discreet slave” class (Mathew 24:45) to distribute spiritual food at the proper time which was either revised or replaced several times from its inception from 1876 thus repudiating its own claim of being appointed by God.

In all these religious evolution, God obviously plays no role. This could be interpreted as either proof of His non-existence or His majesty that comes from His policy of non-intervention.

• waton
    waton

Instead of sticking to of what can be discerned from the observable creation, men have chosen to fashion their own picture of the creator. For example: him sticking to the letter of the law " life for a life" in the "incomprehensible teaching of the ransom", WT's "Jesus going to heaven to present the value of the ransom", but violating the laws of nature in all the miracle stories, from talking snakes to variable rotation of the earth.

The creation is majestic, by his works you will know him.

• venus
    venus

waton,

You correctly read my mind

• scratchme1010
    scratchme1010

In all these religious evolution, God obviously plays no role. This could be interpreted as either proof of His non-existence or His majesty that comes from His policy of non-intervention.

In any type of evolution (no pun intended) God plays no role.

Nonsense.

• doubtfull1799
    doubtfull1799

A very interesting summary venus - thanks for putting that together.

• waton
    waton
    Nonsense.

cm1010: you first try to create anything like it, or a model only, . than talk ------nonsense.

• venus
    venus

scratchme1010,

Religions wrongly presented God as a narcissist seeking worship from others; hence many found the whole concept about Him as non-sense which proves that God gives us freedom even to deny Him.

Yet the fact is that He is the giver of worship (not recipient of worship). For example, when a child is born, or when a child grows and accomplishes something parents say (outwardly or inwardly): “Look at him, he is our child.” By saying this parents unwittingly take credit for something which came into existence without them doing any programming, and it is almost like enjoying pleasure of being worshiped.

Truth is that parents were only seeking sexual pleasure from each other, and in the process a child came into existence.

• Confusedalot
    Confusedalot

Great summary Venus,

I'm trying to gauge your position from this and other posts. I find it intriguing that you end with two choices: Majesty or non-existence.

What is your pick of the two?

I am in a place where I am not sure God even exists anymore, so things like this trouble me somewhat. I have issue with atrocities in the old testament, and at the moment I even consider Gnostic/dualism explanations (demiurge) more acceptable than the standard views on this violence.

Or is it better to just let God go? Help....please....

• venus
    venus
    Confusedalot

You ask: "What is your pick of the two?"

My position is simple: God exists, but He doesn't want anybody's worship/validation (means all scriptures have misrepresented Him)

• venus
    venus

confusedalot,

I like His majesty—He is not even bothered to rectify all the misrepresentations about Him. This is the greatest of all teachings which he teaches without a word being uttered/written.

When I tried to copy this aspect of Him I found how much heart-break I was spared of.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit