My Secret Email Campaign -or- "Dozens Now Living will Now Know"

by joe_from_kokomo 15 Replies latest watchtower scandals

• joe_from_kokomo
    joe_from_kokomo

Well, after our Baptismal Nullification letter, most of the Witnesses snub us when we bump into them. Saw a snooty sister from my own book study, and she pretended I was the Invisible Man.

So, I decided to do a "Maverick" and have launched a top secret email campaign to help raise the news IQ of my former Witness friends and family.

I have created a dummy email account at a major portal and I am BCCing all my old witness friends and relatives (mostly relatives) hyperlinks to the juicy news articles on JWs and the UN, JWs and child abuse, etc.

I put a simple subject line and a simple one line "read this article" followed by a hyperlink to the newspaper article.

It has been very effective. I got a couple of "who are you" replies that I did not repond to, but so far they have not blocked my emails, which means they are likely reading them and this is creating cognitive dissonance. Like planting a little seed of truth and reality.

Anyway, I think it's a great idea. So, if you have a friend or relative that you would like me to include (please a limit of 2 per poster), let me know. No gag email addresses please, this is serious business.

I will not reveal my name to these folks nor send them anything but info on JWs.

And, if you have a nice hyperlink to suggest for the mailing list, let me know that, too. I sent out the original email link to the UK Guardian article on the UN and the JW Hypocrisy already (even though it's 2 years old, most witnesses are not aware of it), and I have sent out the CA child abuse newspaper article links, too.Again, they don't hear about this at the KH or from their friends, and technically, it's not apostasy- it's just news!

I think others may want to try the same thing. remember to make your email account anonymous and to use the BCC field so they cannot see all the other folks on your email list.

What are your thoughts??

• Pistoff
    Pistoff

I like it; keep up the good work.

• cat1759
    cat1759

Joe,

Great Idea. Seeds are planted. Good luck,

Cathy

• xjw_b12
    xjw_b12

GO JOE GO

GO JOE GO

GO JOE GO

• calamityjane
    calamityjane

Awesome idea.

• BluesBrother
    BluesBrother

Nice idea Joe.

My natural caution prevents me from passing on an e mail address , but perhaps I may do it myself. The trouble is that the ones that would really need it and maybe respond do no use the net (Scared off by those KM articles)

But , Hmmmm...................

• Gerard
    Gerard
    And, if you have a nice hyperlink to suggest for the mailing list, let me know that, too.

The Watchtower’s Investments in Warfare Technology:

http://www.geocities.com/wtgreed/article.htm

• shamus
    shamus

What a great idea!!!!!!! I am sure that you will recieve some.... most of my family is not in da troof, so there!

• ignored_one
    ignored_one

Gerard,

A JW would take one look at the url, see wtgreed, and switch off.

I think news sources are the best. They usually don't have any clue to their content in the url.

Ignored One.

• ignored_one
    ignored_one

Joe,

Try Google's News search for JW news.

Ignored One.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit