QFR - Posting JW publications on a personal website/social media

by Listener 28 Replies latest watchtower bible

• stillin
    stillin

The really nice thing about only reading WT publications on their own website is that there is no place for commentary. No discussion or evaluation.

Why are the r&f called "publishers" if they aren't allowed to publish?

• Slidin Fast
    Slidin Fast

They must have one of the biggest websites in existence that has no opportunity whatsoever for users to have some sort of forum or review. They is no opportunity whatsoever for free speech. What other organisation in the world does not allow itself to be quoted.

• cobweb
    cobweb
    Some brothers have been drawn into online debates and thus have brought added reproach on Jehovah’s name. An online forum is not an appropriate setting for “instructing with mildness those not favorably disposed.” (2 Tim. 2:23-25;1 Tim. 6:3-5)

I suppose this doesn't necessarily rule out reddit jw forum or jwtalk as these are supposed to be witness only although reddit jw forum does invite questions from non witnesses & they have been getting into debates lately & are forced to constantly delete posts, posters & threads. Its a thin line they are walking.

• OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut

WOW, you guys are nailing this one.
    Flipper, Stillin, Slidin Fast, YES YES YES- No room for commentary, discussion, evaluation or disagreement if you just read it at Watchtower's page.

They are so (almost) straightforward with this- warning members that their material will be used to sow doubts. You know all the 20-somethings and below will get curious at reading that (if they ever read Watchtower stuff) and many will go see what those "other" sites have to say.

• cobweb
    cobweb

https://www.reddit.com/r/JWs/comments/7ku1qi/what_is_this_subreddit/

This is a thread on the JW reddit in which they discuss whether they ought to be on a jw discussion board.

• freddo
    freddo

I wonder whether "Fisherman" will be obeying this edict?

"An online forum is not an appropriate setting for “instructing with mildness those not favorably disposed.”

• Gorbatchov
    Gorbatchov

My family asked our young daughter to play some kingdom songs on her violin. I replied she does not because we could be forced paying royalities to jw.org

No answer returned 😂😂😂

G.

• Hairtrigger
    Hairtrigger

“All the material on our website is copyrighted... designed to sow doubts in the readers mind.”

Now if only we had an officially registered organization called “JW Apostates “, I’m sure these bastards could have been sued for slander,deceit and defamation of character -among others- and their bizzare and fabricated claims of “being appointed by Jovvy boy, being the only Chanel of communication between their imaginary sky pilot and their brain dead followers” challenged in a court of law as well as proven their doctrines false, their misquotes,double talk etc etc-the list goes on- exposed and refuted.

Imagine the damage that would do to their credibility once all their lies deceit and double talk has been officially exposed. I’m sure there is enough material on this site alone to sue the seven self righteous Warwick SOB’s from their collective anal cavity to their mothers’ wombs !!

• truth_b_known
    truth_b_known

This may be off base, but I believe this is all in the interest of one particular Watchtower publication - "Shepherding the Flock" aka "Elders Secret Manual".

• hoser
    hoser

This reveals the watchtowers desperation and fear.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit