QFR - Posting JW publications on a personal website/social media

by Listener 28 Replies latest watchtower bible

• Splash
    Splash
    WT April 2018 QFR By directing interested people to our official websites, we are connecting them with the one true source of spiritual food, “the faithful and discreet slave.

How does this tie up with

Watchtower (Study Edition), February 2017, pg. 26:

Jesus did not tell us that his faithful slave would produce perfect spiritual food.

• FedUpJW
    FedUpJW

Why are the r&f called "publishers"....?

PUBLISHERS?? Here all this time I though they were calling us PUBIC hairs!

• Simon
    Simon

Shows they are afraid of critique and dialog.

Too bad, so sad.

• smiddy3
    smiddy3

An outstanding example in this respect was given by Jesus himself after his death and resurrection. He had some firm counsel to give to certain congregations in Asia Minor, but notice how he went about it. Before giving them counsel, he gave warm commendation to the congregations in Ephesus, Pergamum, and Thyatira. (Rev. 2:1-5, 12, 13, 18, 19)

If Christ Jesus could give counsel to certain congregations AFTER HIS DEATH and RESURRECTION in Asia Minor why has he been so bloody silent for these past 2000+ years ? And not given any instructions at all to the Governing Body of JW`s who claim to be Jehovah`s Christian Witnesses ?

They certainly do not claim that he has .

And with all the changes that have taken place over the many years since C.T.Russell was president ,using the excuse of" New Light" to explain away false predictions and prophecy`s of the organization one has to wonder about the intellect of those Jehovah`s Witnesses who do not question such an excuse given by th G.B.

• waton
    waton
    Why are the r&f called "publishers" if they aren't allowed to publish? stillin

well, at least in the past you were allowed to add some originality to your schpiel, in the "school" even the kids could comment on the bible reading (like "Jesus" in his home synagogue).

Wt is past that now. public will notice.

• redpilltwice
    redpilltwice

Fred Franztone

Imagine if a commercial organisation instructed its customers not to look at reviews of their products.

Brilliant! What school overseer wouldn't have loved you to death for this illustration?

I look forward to use it...

• sir82
    sir82

I love the tone of that article.

It's little more than the spittle-flecked ranting of a loon.

It's like a slightly-polished version of one of T. Morris's rants.

I suspect someone just set a recorder next to ol' Tight-Pants and whispered "apostasy" in his ear, transcribed what came out of his mouth, and sent it to "Editing" for write-up.

You can practically feel his snarl and his quivering-with-rage squeaking voice in the written words, even after clean-up.

• punkofnice
    punkofnice
    However, no member of the Governing Body maintains a personal Web page or a presence on any social media site.

They'd bleedin' well get ragged if they did. Imagine the interesting messages they'd get.

• Listener
    Listener

https://www.facebook.com/AnthonymorrisIII/

I doubt it's been set up by AMIII but the comments are pretty tame. Back in the days of Russell and Rutherford, they would have fought for the reputation of their name and identity.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit