Can you ever see a time when Govt`s of this world will attempt to abolish all religions ?

by smiddy3 24 Replies latest jw friends

• cofty
    cofty

What pbrow said ^^^^^

• NewYork44M
    NewYork44M

I never understood what "abolish" means in this context. Other than removing the tax status (which they should), what else can the government do?

The basis of religion is individual beliefs. The government has no ability to change individual beliefs.

• Phizzy
    Phizzy

" The government has no ability to change individual beliefs."

Tell that to the Chinese.

• hoser
    hoser

UN agenda 2030

• EverApostate
    EverApostate

Religion would be there as far as humans would exist and there is no way governments can abolish it.

Do you think the Islamic countries would abide if religions are banned worldwide ? (As per JW teaching)

Perhaps current fundamentalist religions would take a softer stand, when more awareness spreads regarding Evolution and the Idiocies of religion.

• Diogenesister
    Diogenesister
    T he government has no ability to change individual beliefs."
    Phizzy Tell that to the Chinese.

Funny, too, how you didn't hear so much as a peep out of Islamic fundamentalists (in those countries )when some Muslim countries came under the dominion of the USSR back in the day.

Interesting.

• Betheliesalot
    Betheliesalot

Governments abolishing religions would be like them getting together to abolish hurricanes. They can put it on paper, but in reality it would not happen. The masses need their religious drug.

• redvip2000
    redvip2000
    Surely sooner or later this time will come , but not in my lifetime .

Don't be silly. It will never happen. Politicians do and speak what they think people want to hear. What are the chances that any politician can win a race for office by saying they will abolish religion? NONE.

The religions we know today will slowly decline and most likely be replaced by some new-age movements that still fulfill the spiritual needs of the masses, but that are not based on the iron age nonsense.

What is interesting is how "The END" as predicted by JWs is predicated on this idea of governments abolishing religion first and then JWs second. This alone is a sign that the JW leaders have completely lost the plot to this, and I'd go even further to say that based on this predicament, they must know that the end is not coming anytime soon.

But like I told my family, as soon as the Constitution is abolished and people have no freedom of religion, I will go back to the meetings.

• jp1692
    jp1692

I certainly hope not. That would be terrible because only a totalitarian nightmare of a government would do such a thing.

I'd much prefer that as a species we outgrow our childish need to believe in superstitions, myths and lies and embrace reality for what it is, or at least as much as we can know it.

If and when this happens, then religions would just naturally fade away and then eventually die out. This trend is already occurring in many Westernized societies as a result of education.

Here's a link to a not-too-recent article about this very phenomenon:

• Jayk
    Jayk

The one quote I agree with karl Marx is "Religion is the sigh of the oppressed creature, the heart of a heartless world, and the soul of soulless conditions. It is the opium of the people".. I could see religions being the next thing to be attacked and possibly banned. Russia is already doing it.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit