Lies, Damn Lies.

by Lost in the fog 22 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Lost in the fog
    Lost in the fog

https://www.msn.com/en-us/lifestyle/home-and-garden/jehovahs-witnesses-to-resume-in-person-services-opt-not-to-resume-door-to-door-ministry/ar-AAVnXV0

So apparently Robert Hendricks the spin doctor of the WT society has been proudly telling news channels how wonderful the WT org has been during the 2 years of the pandemic, checking in with each and every member to meet their needs on a weekly basis.

Except, based on the comments of former JW friends on Facebook, it's news to most of them since they are screaming out that they were totally neglected by the elders/ms throughout most of that period. A couple even said that because of being ignored by the congregation during this time, that they have walked away completely.

But I guess the majority will feel that the eldership was too busy learning how to work Zoom that they didn't have the time to check on the flock.

I remember that the elders manual used to be called "Shepherd the Flock of God" - so I do wonder how many elders were ever trained in how to shepherd and told that it means long hours of work and actually involves contacting people?

• Smiles
    Smiles

WT reps 'can't tell "the truth" without using some misrepresentations'

• FFGhost
    FFGhost

To be fair, "honesty" is not at the top of the job description for PR flacks in any corporation.

• Rattigan350
    Rattigan350

Whatever happened to Obey God as ruler rather than men? God said to meet. Didn't say a pandemic matters.

• truth_b_known
    truth_b_known

Need to cross alligator infested rivers to get to the Kingdom Hall? Attend the meetings.

Government putting JWs into gulags or worse? Attend the meetings.

COVID-19 germs floating around? Stay home and no door-to-door ministry for 2 years!

I remember before I left the JWs the elders wanted to conduct a shepherding call on my family. They asked if they could come over after a Sunday morning meeting. I said, "No. I work Sundays after the meeting. You can come over weeknights after I get off work." They never did.

There is no way in Hades elders were helping fellow Witnesses out during the lockdowns.

• Lee Marsh
    Lee Marsh

I thought the hallmark of a "true" religion was that they had love among themselves.

Yea. Right.

In 2 years my neighbor had no JW visitors. She was alone and very depressed. She felt neglected and abandoned. So much for love amongst themselves.

When I was a JW I really did try to practice this as much as possible. To me it was what Christians should be doing. But I know very few did it for me when I really needed it. In reality I saw very little of it.

An elder coming to preach to you to get to meetings and "pray more" is not loving. It implies you are not doing enough, not good enough. It feels like a lecture rather than real love and concern for a fellow human being.

Yes that is the problem. The WTS ha drilled all humanity out of all JWs. I was more of a friend to her over the last 2 years than any of the "brothers and sisters". I think in 2 years not one person even called her to see how she was.

• Atlantis
    Atlantis

Lee Marsh:

First of all, I can't tell you how good it is to see you here visiting with us again! We missed you so very much.

I have been in contact with a former Bethelite for the past 10 years, and for 6 of those years not even 1 JW came to see him or his wife who is in very poor health.

The Mormons came to visit them 3 times in that time period, yet not even 1 JW showed any interest in them at all. These 2 people are still in good standing and have never been considered disassociated or disfellowshipped.

This former Bethelite sat across the breakfast table from Ray Franz back in the old days.

Cookie thief!

• Lee Marsh
    Lee Marsh

Hi Atlantis. Missed ya a lot

• FedUpJW
    FedUpJW

In 2 years my neighbor had no JW visitors. She was alone and very depressed. She felt neglected and abandoned. So much for love amongst themselves.

I've quoted my father many times, here and elsewhere, when he said shortly before he died, "Jehovah's Witnesses these days have "love" on their lips, but NONE in their hearts!" Both he and my mother were ignored, made fun of and kicked to the curb after decades of Christlike actions towards others, just because they were old, and one suffered from Alzheimer's.

• Smiles
    Smiles

of the 30,000+ JWs that the GB reported to have been COVID-19 fatalities, how many of those families received any financial assistance from Watch Tower to help with post-mortem expenses?

Or how many JW families experiencing vaccine-related injury have been offered any financial assistance from Watch Tower?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit