ARNOLD running for Governor of CA--it's official

by LDH 31 Replies latest jw friends

• hillary_step
    hillary_step

BigBoi,

Never heard of him.

Come now - I find that hard to believe! Ronald Regan is the past President of the Ronald Reagan fan club. He was married to the second cousin of Joan Crawford and designed the first gigantic plastic Ice Cream cone that used to sit on top of the Ronald McReagan ( not related to either Ronald Regan or Ronald Reagan ) Toothpick franchises that later took Picksburgh by storm in the late Fifties.

Terrible shame was that Ronald Regan ( no relation to Ronald Reagan the movie star, but related to Donald Regan, his father) died an untimely death due to a speech impediment that precluded his being able to pronounce his ‘M’s correctly, which emerged from his lips sounding more like a slurred ‘B’. He was shot one drizzled night in a bar in Detroit when he foolishly and very loudly asked an inebriated man, whose wife had just left him for a handsome local gigilo called Ronan Regun, for some ‘Mustard’.

Incidentally Ronan Regun is related by marriage to Ronald Schwarzenegger, that well known Austrian afterthought of a descended Irishman.

HS

• onacruse
    onacruse

LOLOL @ HS

You just totally crack me up!

Craig

LOLOLOL

• blondie
    blondie
    No person except a natural born citizen, or a citizen of the United States, at the time of the adoption of this Constitution, shall be eligible to the office of President; neither shall any person be eligible to that office who shall not have attained to the age of thirty five years, and been fourteen years a resident within the United States.

What is a natural born citizen?

Currently, Title 8 of the U.S. Code fills in those gaps. Section 1401 defines the following as people who are "citizens of the United States at birth:"

• Anyone born inside the United States
    • Any Indian or Eskimo born in the United States, provided being a citizen of the U.S. does not impair the person's status as a citizen of the tribe
    • Any one born outside the United States, both of whose parents are citizens of the U.S., as long as one parent has lived in the U.S.
    • Any one born outside the United States, if one parent is a citizen and lived in the U.S. for at least one year and the other parent is a U.S. national
    • Any one born in a U.S. possession, if one parent is a citizen and lived in the U.S. for at least one year
    • Any one found in the U.S. under the age of five, whose parentage cannot be determined, as long as proof of non-citizenship is not provided by age 21
    • Any one born outside the United States, if one is an alien and as long as one is a citizen of the U.S. who lived in the U.S. for at least five years (with military and diplomatic service included in this time)
    • A final, historical condition: a person born before 5/24/1934 of an alien father and a U.S. citizen mother who has lived in the U.S.

Anyone falling into these categories is considered natural-born, and is eligible to run for President or Vice President. These provisions allow the children of military families to be considered natural-born, for example.

Why the phrase "at the time of the adoption of this Constitution"?

Otherwise no one until President Tyler would have been eligible since George Washington and others had been born under the British colonial arrangement.

Why "14 years a resident within the United States"?

????

• sunshineToo
    sunshineToo

Yeah Baby !!! Shag me !!! Happy Days are here again !!! We have MOJO back ... GO !!! Arnold Schwarzeneggar ... Take back California for the people ... California here I come again ... my home state is being saved from the pitiful Gray Davis ... Yeah Baby !!!

WE LOVE YOU ARNOLD !!!

LOL@Amazing

• LDH
    LDH

LMAO @ HS.

Good to see you, man.

Check your private messages in a few minutes.

• freedom96
    freedom96

This has certainly made this race much more interesting. Joe Davis (his real name) has completely screwed up California.

He has won his campaigns not so much by what he has accomplished (nothing) but bashing his competition. Arnold has said to bring it on!

Arnold obviously feels he has something to offer. He will give up movies in the meantime, which means giving up tons of money.

Arnold is a true breath of fresh air. I enjoyed what he had to say yesterday, and anxiously await what else he has to say. At this point, he is getting my vote!

• tinkerbell82
    tinkerbell82

...soooo, i take it you guys arent voting for Gallagher? :P i LOVE that we could have arnold as governor. all political agenda aside...it's just cool! ;)

• teejay
    teejay

Folks do love their celebrities. If a former wrassler can be gubnah of Minnesota, it's okay with me if y'all have a former weightlifter heading your state government. Go, Ah-nold, you terminator, you.

Only in America...

• Double Edge
    Double Edge

Gads but this has re-energized me. I'm from California, and I would have voted for almost ANYONE to get Davies out of office. That guy is a real schmuck politician.... wait until people get their car license plate renewals in the next few weeks.... Davis tripled them (illegally) .... the slimey politicians will tell you this is a Republican sourgrapes payback, but the voters aren't buying it.... not this time. They want all the crooks out of this state, BOTH parties - we just want the State back from the special interests.

Celebrity means nothing to me, because I workin the 'industry', but after listening to him last night, I'm going to give him my vote... I liked what he had to say, he's a smart guy with a business degree (how many celebrites took the time to do that?). I also liked it when he said that "I don't need to be bought off with money by special interest groups, I have money, what I need is a State that we can again be proud of". GO ARNOLD!!!!!

• teenyuck
    teenyuck

He has lots more to offer than GARY COLEMAN....

Whatchoo talkin' about Willis?!

Gary Coleman on California ballot

Thursday, August 7, 2003 Posted: 11:03 AM EDT (1503 GMT)

(CNN) -- Gary Coleman, child star of the sitcom "Diff'rent Strokes," has placed his name among a host of other celebrities in the running for California governor.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit