If God And His Thoughts Are Perfect - How Did Humans & Satan Become Evil?

by Latin assassin from Manhattan 40 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Jessica Rabbit
    Jessica Rabbit

Wow guys! This is so much like the post I sent yesterday I just had to read every reply. The more I think about it the crazier it seems that maybe, just maybe, a PERFECT life where everything always went right EVERY time, might just be........well.............BORING? Do you think "PERFECT" is maybe just a word we all thought up? I am not a bible scholar but did the Bible ever come out and say anyone including God was PERFECT according to our definition of the word? I am going back to Genesis and start over. Maybe the WTBS was the one who decided it was all supposed to be and will be PERFECT one day. Maybe PERFECT never was, to begin with.

Jessica

• Shakita
    Shakita

Hi Jessica:

I am not a bible scholar but did the Bible ever come out and say anyone including God was PERFECT according to our definition of the word?

Deut 32:4 The Rock, perfect is his activity, For all his ways are justice......

Romans 12: 2 ...that you may prove yourselves the good and acceptable and perfect will of God.

Psalms 19:7 The law of Jehovah is perfect, bringing back the soul.

Matthew 5:48 You must accordingly be perfect, as your heavenly Father is perfect.

And, there are others.

Quote from Albert Einstein:

"....I see only a deep regret that God punishes so many of His children for their numerous stupidities, for which only He Himself can be held responsible; in my opinion, only His non-existence could excuse him."

This is exactly how I feel, in a nutshell.

Mrs. Shakita

• Francois
    Francois

Because we are imbued with free choice. Absent it, we would be little more than automatons.

• funkyderek
    funkyderek
    Because we are imbued with free choice. Absent it, we would be little more than automatons.

On what basis then do we make choices? Free, in this respect, seems to be a synonym for random or uncaused.

• StinkyPantz
    StinkyPantz

FunkyD-

Is that avatar a picture of you? If so, how do you feel about married women ?

• funkyderek
    funkyderek
    Is that avatar a picture of you? If so, how do you feel about married women ?

Yes it's me! I like married women, but I don't like jealous husbands much so I tend to avoid them!

• RAYZORBLADE
    RAYZORBLADE

Nothing new, this discussion, but it's great to see it with this much vim and vigour.

I too had wracked my brain about this too.

I see our token fundie has made their thoughts known (predictable).

Sorry, but the thing about god creating something 'perfect': man & satan - to become imperfect, made by a perfect god: what the ****?

Reading scripture right after the first chapter or two of Genesis, renders the rest of it to me: unreadable.

Good post Latin Manhattan Assassin (one helluva long name), thanks for it!

• StinkyPantz
    StinkyPantz

FD-

Well fine. . . if you have issue with husbands, I'll just "look". Nothing wrong with that right?

----

Oh and sorry for making the 'off topic' post .

• logansrun
    logansrun

Stinky Pantz,

How do you feel about unmarried men?

Bradley

• StinkyPantz
    StinkyPantz

Logan-

When the unmarried man is you. . well. . .exceptions can be made.

Oh and sign onto Messenger sometimes, so I have someone to chat with.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit